Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
International Atomic Energy Agency. DIRAC (Directory of radiotherapy centres). http://www-naweb.iaea.org/nahu/dirac/.
- Setting up a radiotherapy programme Clinical, medical physics, radiation Protection and safety aspects.International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2008
- Transition from 2-D radiotherapy to 3-D conformal and intensity modulated radiotherapy.(IAEA-TECDOC-1588) International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2008
- Towards safer radiotherapy.British Institute of Radiology, Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine, National Patient Safety Agency, Society and College of Radio-Graphers, the Royal College of Radiologists, London2007
United States Department of Veterans Affairs. Healthcare failure mode and Effect analysis. http://www.patientsafety.gov/SafetyTopics.html-HFMEA.
- Radiotherapy risk profile.WHO Press, Geneva2008
- American Society for Radiation Oncology – Target Safely.
- Improving patient safety in radiation oncology.Med Phys. 2011; 38: 78-82
- A method for evaluating quality assurance needs in radiation therapy.Int Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 71: S170-S173
- ICRP publication 112. A report of preventing accidental exposures from new external beam radiation therapy technologies.Ann ICRP. 2009; 39: 1-86
- Recommendations for safer radiotherapy: what's the message?.Front Oncol. 2012; 2: 129
International Atomic Energy Agency. Staffing and cost calculation. International atomic Energy Agency; 2014. http://nucleus.iaea.org/HHW/RadiationOncology/Makingthecaseforradiotherapyinyourcountry/Roleofradiotherapyincancercare/Radiotherapyisacosteffectivesystemwhichneedsabalance/index.html.
- Staffing in radiotherapy: an activity based approach. In preparation.International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2014
- Competencies in radiation oncology: a new approach for education and training of professionals for radiotherapy and oncology in Europe.Radiother Oncol. 2012; 103: 1-4
- The updated ESTRO core curricula 2011 for clinicians, medical physicists and RTTs in radiotherapy/radiation oncology.Radiother Oncol. 2012; 103: 103-108
- AAPM report No. 197.Academic Program Recommendations for Graduate Degrees in Medical Physics, 2009
- Roles and responsibilities, and education and training requirements for clinically qualified medical physicists.(IAEA Human Health Series No 25) International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2013
- Clinical training of medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology.(Training course Series 37) International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2009
- Clinical training of medical physicists specializing in diagnostic radiology.(Training course Series 47) International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2010
- Clinical training of medical physicists specializing in nuclear medicine.(Training course Series 50) International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2011
- A syllabus for the education and training of rtts (radiation therapists/therapy radiographers).(Training course Series 25) International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2005
- A guide to design of radiation therapy facilities.Appl Radiol. 1985; 14: 86-90
- Planning national radiotherapy services a practical tool.(IAEA Human Health Series No 14) International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2010
- Megavoltage radiation therapy: meeting the technological needs. Standards and codes of practice in medical radiation dosimetry.International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, Austria2002
- Evidence-informed frameworks for cost-effective cancer care and prevention in low, middle, and high-income countries.Lancet Oncol. 2014; 15: e119-e131
- Applying project management processes to successfully complete projects in radiation medicine.J Med Imaging Radiat Sci. 2012; 43: 253-258
- Risk assessment using the TG-100 methodology.in: Thomadsen B. Quality and safety in radiotherapy. Medical Physics Publishing, Madison, WI2013: 98-102
- Process mapping the patient journey: an introduction.BMJ. 2010; 341 (c4078)
- Guidelines for using process mapping to aid improvement efforts.Hosp Manage Q. 2001; 22: 10-16
- American association of physicists in medicine radiation therapy committee task group 53: quality assurance for clinical radiotherapy treatment planning.Med Phys. 1998; 25: 1773-1829
- Accelerator beam data commissioning equipment and procedures: report of the TG-106 of the therapy physics committee of the AAPM.Med Phys. 2008; 35: 4186-4215
- Task group 142 report: quality assurance of medical accelerators.Med Phys. 2009; 36: 4197-4212
- Brachytherapy: physical and clinical aspects.in: Podgorsak E. Radiation oncology physics: a handbook for teachers and students. IAEA, Vienna2005: 392-395
- CT Simulators. The modern technology of radiation oncology: a compendium for medical physicists and radiation oncologists.Medical Physics Publishing, Madison, WI1999: 160-164 (p.)
- Commissioning of radiotherapy treatment planning Systems: testing for typical external beam treatment techniques; report of the coordinated research project (CRP) on development of procedures for quality assurance of dosimetry calculations in radiotherapy.(IAEA-TECDOC-1583) International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2008
- Acceptance tests and commissioning measurements.in: Podgorsak E. Radiation oncology physics: a handbook for teachers and students. IAEA, Vienna2005: 355-386
- Computerized treatment planning systems for external beam radiotherapy.in: Podgorsak E. Radiation oncology physics: a handbook for teachers and students. IAEA, Vienna2005: 387-406
- Quality assurance of external beam radiotherapy.in: Podgorsak E. Radiation oncology physics: a handbook for teachers and students. IAEA, Vienna2005: 407-450
- Human health campus, medical physics, radiotherapy.International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2013
American Association of Physicists in Medicine – Publications. Available at: http://aapmorg/pubs/reports.
- The modern technology of radiation oncology: a compendium for medical physicists and radiation oncologists.in: Van Dyk J. Radiation oncology medical physics resources for teaching and learningworking. Medical Physics Publishing, Madison, WI2013
TreatSafely. Practical learning for RT professionals. http://i.treatsafely.org.
- Medical physics clinical skills workbook for therapy physics chicago: rosalind franklin university of medicine and science college of health professionals.2012http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/Portals/3/Documents/Clinical_Skills_Workbook_ONLINE_VERSION__Revised_10-23-12A%5B1%5D.pdf
- Tools for risk assessment in radiation therapy.Ann ICRP. 2012; 41: 197-207
- Evaluation of safety in a radiation oncology setting using failure mode and effects analysis.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 74: 852-858
- A streamlined failure mode and effects analysis.Med Phys. 2014; 41 (061709)
- Six sigma tools for a patient safety-oriented, quality-checklist driven radiation medicine department.Pract Radiat Oncol. 2012; 2: 86-96
- The management of radiation treatment error through incident learning.Radiother Oncol. 2010; 95: 344-349
- Consensus recommendations for incident learning database structures in radiation oncology.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 7272-7290
- A reference guide for learning from incidents in radiation treatment.(Health technology assessment unit)2006
- The IAEA/WHO TLD postal programme for radiotherapy hospitals.Radiother Oncol. 2000; 54: 65-72
- The IAEA/WHO TLD postal dose quality audits for radiotherapy: a perspective of dosimetry practices at hospitals in developing countries.Radiother Oncol. 2003; 69: 91-97
- IROC Houston quality assurance center.2013
- Quality assurance team for radiation oncology.International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2007
- Radiation Protection of Patients. SAFRON.2013 (http://rpop.iaea.org/RPOP/RPoP/Modules/login/safron-register.htm)
American Association of Physicists in Medicine - Safety Profile Assessment. 2013. http://spa.aapm.org/.
- On-site visits to radiotherapy centres medical physics procedures, quality assurance team for radiation oncology (QUATRO).(IAEA-TECDOC-1543) International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2007