- •Accuracy of treatments can be compromised by temporary tissue expanders.
- •Discrepancies in literature between backscatter and dose reduction measurements.
- •Film measurements taken for different phantoms, and beam setups.
- •An accurately modelled high-density implant in the TPS is required.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- An investigation of dose calculation accuracy in intensity-modulated radiotherapy of sites in the head & neck.Phys Medica. 2006; 22: 97-104
- Dosimetry around metallic ports in tissue expanders in patients receiving postmastectomy radiation therapy: an ex vivo evaluation.Med Dos. 2004; 29: 49-54
- Do metallic ports in tissue expanders affect postmastectomy radiation delivery?.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006; 66: 305-310
- Dose perturbation in the radiotherapy of breast cancer patients implanted with the Magna-Site: a Monte Carlo study.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2011; 12: 58-70
- Investigation into dosimetric effect of a MAGNA-SITE™ tissue expander on post-mastectomy radiotherapy.Med Phys. 2005; 32: 1640-1646
- Dose perturbation due to metallic breast expander in electron and photon beam treatment of breast cancer.J Radiat Oncol. 2014; 3: 65-72
- The appearance and effects of metallic implants in CT images.Australas Phys Eng Sci Med. 2013; 36: 209-217
- A randomised controlled trial of forward-planned radiotherapy (IMRT) for early breast cancer: baseline characteristics and dosimetry results.Radiother Oncol. 2009; 92: 34-41
- An investigation into methods of IMRT planning applied to breast radiotherapy.Br J Radiol. 2014; 81: 311-322
- Dosimetric comparison of intensity modulated radiotherapy isocentric field plans and field in field (FIF) forward plans in the treatment of breast cancer.J Med Phys. 2013; 38: 22-29
- Local heterogeneities in early batches of EBT2 film: a suggested solution.Phys Med Biol. 2010; 55: 37-42
- Evaluation of a Gafchromic EBT2 film dosimetry system for radiotherapy quality assurance.Australas Phys Eng Sci Med. 2011; 34: 251-260