Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- History of the use and toxicity of Thorotrast.Environ Res. 1979; 18: 6-12
Fukumoto M and Saigusa S. Thorotrast archive and Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant project, presentation at the Workshop on Sharing Data & Biomaterials from Radiation Science in Rome, available from: http://fp7store.de/media/Meetings/Rome_2012/10_STORE_Rome_Fukumoto.pdf.
- Endothelial-cell sarchoma of liver following Thorotrast injections.Am J Path. 1947; 23: 585
- Thorotrast-induced primary cerebral angiosarcoma: case report.Neurosurgery. 2009 Jul; 65: E210-E211
- Long incubation period for the induction of cancer by Thorotrast is attributed to the uneven irradiation of liver cells at the microscopic level.Radiat Res. 2009; 171: 494503
- Mortality after radiological investigation with radioactive Thorotrast: a follow-up study of up to fifty years in Portugal.Radiat Res. 2003; 159: 52134
- Pattern of mortality among danish Thorotrast patients.J Clin Epidemiol. 1993; 46: 637-644
- Cancer incidence among Swedish patients exposed to radioactive Thorotrast: a forty-year follow-up survey.Radiat Res. 2002; 157: 41925
- Summary of entire Japanese Thorotrast follow-up study: updated 1998.Radiat Res. 1999; 152: S84-S87
- Mortality among Thorotrast-exposed patients and an unexposed comparison group in the German Thorotrast study.Eur J Cancer. 2008; : 1259-1268
- The effectiveness of colloidal thorium dioxide as an internal alpha emitter: a combined morphologic and radioautographic study.Yale J Biol Med. 1955 June; 27: 432440
- N Engl J Med. 1981; 304: 893899
- Tissue dose in Thorotrast patients.Health Phys. 1978; 35: 113-121
- Nuclear and radiochemistry.3rd ed. Wiley, 1981
- Thorotrast: analysis of the time evolution of its activity concentration, in the 70 years following the chemical purification of Thorium.Phys Med Eur J Med Phys. 2013; 29: 520-530
Wiedemann U. Manifacture of Thorotrast. In: The dosimetry and toxicity of Thorotrast [IAEA Technical Report 1968]. Vienna: International Atomic Energy Agency. p.1–4.
- Histological type of Thorotrast-induced liver tumors associated with the translocation of deposited radionuclides.Cancer Sci. 2010; 101: 336-340
- The radiochemistry of Thorium.1960 (printed in Nuclear Science Series, National Academy of Sciences National Research Council, Subcommittee on Radiochemistry, reprinted by the Technical Information Center, US D.O.E., freely available at:)
Data tables by the UKDMC (UK Dark Matter Collaboration) at the site http://hepwww.rl.ac.uk/ukdmc/Radioactivity/Th_chain/Th_chain.html.
Chapter 4.5.1 of “Kaye & Laby Tables of Physical & Chemical constants” at the site http://www.kayelaby.npl.co.uk/toc/cared by NPL (National Physical Laboratory).
Available data tables at the site http://physics.nist.gov/PhysRefData/Star/Text/ASTAR.html cared by NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technologies).
Ziegler J. SRIM code and data tables at the site http://www.srim.org.
- Philos Mag. 1905; 10: 318