- •For dynamic tumor tracking, the accuracy of the correlation model between internal and external motion is a key issue.
- •To construct a correlation model, the internal and external motions are monitored for several tens of seconds.
- •We assessed the utility of 10 s and 20 s modeling periods, rather than the 40 s currently used, in the clinical practice.
- •The accuracies of correlation models derived using 20 s were almost identical to those obtained over 40 s.
- •The accuracies of correlation models derived using 10 s was reduced compared with those obtained over 20 s.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Prescribing, recording and reporting photon beam therapy ICRU Report 50.ICRU Publications, Bethesda, MD1993
- Dose-volume metrics associated with radiation pneumonitis after stereotactic body radiation therapy for lung cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 83: e545-e549
- Analysis of dosimetric parameters associated with acute gastrointestinal toxicity and upper gastrointestinal bleeding in locally advanced pancreatic cancer patients treated with gemcitabine-based concurrent chemoradiotherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 84: 369-375
- The management of respiratory motion in radiation oncology report of AAPM task group 76.Med Phys. 2006; 33: 3874-3900
- Guidelines for respiratory motion management in radiation therapy.J Radiat Res. 2013; 54: 561-568
- Optimization of the X-ray monitoring angle for creating a correlation model between internal and external respiratory signals.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 6309-6315
- Accuracy verification of infrared marker-based dynamic tumor-tracking irradiation using the gimbaled X-ray head of the Vero4DRT (MHI-TM2000).Med Phys. 2013; 40 (041706-1–9)
- Predictive uncertainty in infrared marker-based dynamic tumor tracking with Vero4DRT.Med Phys. 2013; 40 (091705-1–8)
- Intrafractional tracking accuracy in infrared marker-based hybrid dynamic tumour-tracking irradiation with a gimballed linac.Radiother Oncol. 2014; 111: 301-305
- Evaluation of dynamic tumour tracking radiotherapy with real-time monitoring for lung tumours using a gimbal mounted linac.Radiother Oncol. 2014; 112: 360-364
- Locating and targeting moving tumors with radiation beams.Med Phys. 2008; 35: 5684-5694
- Initial assessment of tumor tracking with a gimbaled linac system in clinical circumstances: a patient simulation study.Radiother Oncol. 2013; 106: 236-240
- Geometric accuracy of a novel gimbals based radiation therapy tumor tracking system.Radiother Oncol. 2011; 98: 365-372
- Ultrasound tracking for intra-fractional motion compensation in radiation therapy.Phys Med. 2014; 30: 578-582
- Prediction methods for synchronization of scanned ion beam tracking.Phys Med. 2013; 29: 639-643
- Real-time tumor tracking with an artificial neural networks-based method: a feasibility study.Phys Med. 2013; 29: 48-59
- Accuracy of tumor motion compensation algorithm from a robotic respiratory tracking system: a simulation study.Med Phys. 2007; 34: 2774-2784
- Clinical accuracy of the respiratory tumor tracking system of the cyberknife: assessment by analysis of log files.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 74: 297-303
- Gafchromic film dosimetry in fluoroscopy for dynamic tumor tracking irradiation of the lung using XR-SP2 model – a phantom study.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 3685
- The management of imaging dose during image-guided radiotherapy: report of the AAPM task group 75.Med Phys. 2007; 34: 4041-4063
- Implementation of the principle of as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA) for medical and dental personnel.(NCRP Report 107)1990
- Improving the intra-fraction update efficiency of a correlation model used for internal motion estimation during real-time tumor tracking for SBRT patients: fast update or no update ?.Radiother Oncol. 2014; 112: 352-359
- Baseline correction of a correlation model for improving the prediction accuracy of infrared marker-based dynamic tumor tracking.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2015; ([in press])