- •Calcification cluster detection is related to image quality measured by CDMAM phantom.
- •CDMAM tests discriminate between clinically acceptable and unacceptable systems.
- •Image quality standards in European Guidelines need reviewing.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
European Commission. European guidelines for quality assurance in breast cancer screening and diagnosis. EUREF 2006. 4th ed. European Commission: Brussels, Belgium.
European Commission. European guidelines for quality assurance in breast cancer screening and diagnosis. EUREF 2013. 4th ed. Supplements: European Commission, Brussels, Belgium.
- Evaluation of software for reading images of the CDMAM test object to assess digital mammography systems.in: Proc SPIE. 6913. 2008 (p. 69131C-1–69131C-11)
- The effect of background structure on the detection of low contrast objects in mammography.Br J Radiol. 1998; 71: 1162-1167
- How do lesion size and random noise affect detection performance in digital mammography?.Acad Radiol. 2006; 13: 1355-1366
- Does image quality matter? Impact of resolution and noise on mammographic task performance.Med Phys. 2007; 34: 3971-3981
- Digital mammography: effects of reduced radiation dose on diagnostic performance.Radiology. 2007; 243: 396-404
- Pathological and mammographic prognostic factors for screen detected cancers in a multi-centre randomised, controlled trial of mammographic screening in women from age 40 to 48 years.Breast. 2011; 20: 525-528
- Effect of image quality on calcification detection in digital mammography.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 3202-3213
- Breast cancer detection rates using four different types of mammography detectors.Eur Radiol. 2016; 26: 874-883
- Conversion of mammographic images to appear with the noise and sharpness characteristics of a different detector and X-ray system.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 2721-2734
- Image simulation and a model of noise power spectra across a range of mammographic beam qualities.. 2014; 41: 121901-1-121901-14
- Mammographic image database (MIDB) and associated web-enabled software for research.in: Fujita H. Hara T. Muramatsu C. Breast imaging, 12th international workshop, IWDM 2014. vol. 8539. LNCS, 2014: 514-519
- Additional factors for the estimation of mean glandular breast dose using the UK mammography dosimetry protocol.Phys Med Biol. 2000; 45: 3225-3240
- Using image simulation to test the effect of detector type on breast cancer detection.in: Proc SPIE Med Imaging. vol. 9037. 2014 (p. 90370I-1–90370I-14)
- Observer studies involving detection and localization: modelling, analysis and validation.Med Phys. 2004; 31: 2313-2330
- Characterisation of screen detected and simulated calcification clusters in digital mammograms.in: IWDM 2014. vol. 8539. LNCS, 2014: 364-371
- Technical evaluation of Hologic Selenia dimensions 2-D digital breast imaging system with software version 1.4. 2.NHSBSP, 2012
- Technical evaluation of GE Essential full field digital mammography system.NHSBSP, 2008
- Technical evaluation of agfa DX-M mammography CR reader with HM5.0 needle image plate.NHSBSP, 2009
- Technical evaluation of the Kodak DirectView mammography computerised radiography system using EHR-M2 plates.NHSBSP, 2007
Gray JE, Princehorn JA. HTC grids improve mammography contrast. White paper 2004; W-BI-HTC (9/04).
- MedXViewer: an extensible web-enabled software package for medical imaging.in: Proc SPIE. vol. 9037. 2014: 90371K-1-7
- Digital compared with screen-film mammography: performance measures in concurrent cohorts within an organized breast screening program.Radiology. 2013; 268: 684-693
- Comparison of direct digital mammography, computed radiography and screen film in the French national breast screening program.Am J Roentgenol. 2014; 202: 229-236
- Technical and clinical breast cancer screening performance indicators for computed radiography versus direct digital radiography.Eur Radiol. 2013; 23: 2891-2898
- Evaluation of clinical image processing algorithms used in digital mammography.Med Phys. 2009; 36: 765-775
- The effect of image processing on the detection of cancers in digital mammography.Am J Roentgenol. 2014; 203: 387-393