- •Eye lens dosimetry in interventional cardiology personnel had been studied.
- •The prevalence and risk of radiation associated lens opacity are proposed.
- •Radiation protection tools and personnel dosimeters are provided for IC.
Methods and results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Occupational health hazards in the interventional laboratory: time for a safer environment.Radiology. 2009; 250: 538-544
- Radiation effects in fluoroscopically guided cardiac interventions–keeping them under control.Int J Cardiol. 2006; 109: 147-151
- Avoidance of radiation injuries from medical interventional procedures. ICRP Publication 85.Ann ICRP. 2000; 30: 7-67
- Radiation and cataract.Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2011; 147: 300-304
- The lens is more sensitive to radiation than we had believed.Br J Ophthalmol. 1997; 81: 257
- Radiation cataractogenesis: a review of recent studies.Radiat Res. 2009; 172: 1-9
- Lens.in: Tasman W. Jaeger E.A. Duane’s clinical ophthalmology. Lippincott & Co, Philadelphia1994: 1-39
Kleinman NJ., Radiation cataract. In Radiation protection; New insights in radiation risk and basic safety standards. In: Proceedings of the Working Party on Research Implications on Health and Safety Standards of the Article 31 Group of Experts, European Commission. Directorate-General for Energy and Transport. Radiation Protection Series 145, pp. 81–95. [Available at http://ec.europa.eu/energy/nuclear/radiation_protection/doc/publication/145.pdf; 2007 [accessed June 25, 2010].
- Epidemiological studies of cataract risk at low to moderate radiation doses: (not) seeing is believing.Radiat Res. 2010; 174: 889-894
- Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. (Publication 60).Ann ICRP. 1990; 21 (Elsevier, New York): 1-3
ICRP. ICRP Statement on Tissue Reactions. 21.04.2011. http://www.icrp.org/page.asp?id=123.
- Radiation protection and safety of radiation sources: international basic safety standards. General safety requirements.IAEA safety standard series No.GSR Part 3. IAEA, Vienna2014
- Radiation exposure to medical staff in interventional and cardiac radiology.Br J Radiol. 1998; 71: 954-960
- Occupational radiation doses in interventional cardiology: a 15-year follow-up.Br J Radiol. 2006; 79: 383-388
- Risk for radiation-induced cataract for staff in interventional cardiology: is there reason for concern?.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2010; 76: 826-834
- Cataracts among Chernobyl clean-up workers: implications regarding permissible eye exposures.Radiat Res. 2007; 167: 233-243
- External factors in the development of cataract.Eye. 2006; 19: 1074-1082
- Corticosteroid-induced cataracts.Surv Ophthalmol. 2006; 31: 102-110
- Ocular associations of diabetes other than diabetic retinopathy.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 1905-1912