- •Dosimetric performances of forward and inverse optimization methods were compared.
- •Two inverse optimization methods achieved the best dose homogeneity to the target.
- •One of the two was also most effective in reducing hot spots to the vaginal mucosa.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Salvage treatment with high-dose-rate brachytherapy for isolated vaginal endometrial cancer recurrence.Gynecol Oncol. 2006; 101: 445-449
- High-dose rate brachytherapy (HDRB) for primary or recurrent cancer in the vagina.Radiat Oncol. 2008; 13: 7
- Radiotherapy for vaginal carcinoma: a 23-year review.Br J Radiol. 2000; 73: 1200-1205
- Twenty-year review of radiotherapy for vaginal cancer: an institutional experience.Gynecol Oncol. 2008; 111: 298-306
- American Brachytherapy Society consensus guidelines for interstitial brachytherapy for vaginal cancer.Brachytherapy. 2012; 11: 68-75
- 3D-printed applicators for high dose rate brachytherapy: dosimetric assessment at different infill percentage.Phys Med. 2016; 32: 1698-1706
- The use and advantages of a multi-channel vaginal cylinder in high-dose-rate brachytherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1999; 44: 211-219
- Multi-channel intracavitary vaginal brachytherapy using three-dimensional optimization of source geometry.Radiother Oncol. 2004; 70: 81-85
- Comparing classic and multichannel cylindrical vaginal applicators in intracavitary gynaecologic brachytherapy.Radiother Oncol. 2012; 103: S108-9
- Single versus multichannel applicator in high-dose-rate vaginal brachytherapy optimized by inverse treatment planning.J Contemp Brachytherapy. 2014; 6: 362-370
- Clinical application of MOSkin dosimeters to rectal wall in vivo dosimetry in gynecological HDR brachytherapy.Phys Med. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2017.05.003
- Image-based multichannel vaginal cylinder brachytherapy for vaginal cancer.Brachytherapy. 2015; 14: 9-15
- Dosimetric comparison of multi-channel vaginal cylinder high-dose-rate brachytherapy to one single channel vaginal cylinder for patients with vaginal cancer.Brachytherapy. 2013; 12: 559
- Dosimetric evaluation of manually and inversely optimized treatment planning for high dose brachytherapy of cervical cancer.Acta Oncol. 2014; 53: 1012-1018
- Dosimetric comparison of optimization methods for multichannel intracavitary brachytherapy for superficial vaginal tumors.Brachytherapy. 2013; 12: 637-644
- Inverse planning anatomy-based dose optimization for HDR-Brachytherapy of the prostate using fast simulated annealing algorithm and dedicated objective function.Med Phys. 2001; 28: 773-779
- HIPO: a hybrid inverse treatment planning optimization algorithm in HDR brachytherapy.Radiother Oncol. 2005; 76: 529
- The irradiation tolerance dose of the proximal vagina.Radiother Oncol. 2003; 67: 77-85
- Manifestation pattern of early-late vaginal morbidity after definitive radiation (chemo)therapy and image-guided adaptive brachytherapy for locally advanced cervical cancer: an analysis from the EMBRACE study.Int Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014; 1: 88-95
- New inverse planning technology for image-guided cervical cancer brachytherapy: description and evaluation within a clinical frame.Radiother Oncol. 2009; 93: 331-340
- Update of AAPM Task Group No. 43 Report: a revised AAPM protocol for brachytherapy dose calculations.Med Phys. 2004; 31: 633-674
- Heterogeneity and scatter effects on Ir-192 brachytherapy dose distribution.Phys Med. 2016; 32: 1210-1215
- A comparison of inverse optimization algorithms for HDR/PDR prostate brachytherapy treatment planning.Brachytherapy. 2015; 14: 279-288
- A dose homogeneity index for evaluating 192Ir interstitial breast implants.Med Phys. 1998; 15: 104-107
- A conformal index (COIN) to evaluate implant quality and dose specification in brachytherapy.Int J Rad Oncol Biol Phys. 1998; 40: 515-524
International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements (ICRU) 38 report. Dose and Volume Specification for Reporting Intracavitary Therapy in Gynecology; 1985.
- American Brachytherapy Society consensus guidelines for adjuvant vaginal cuff brachytherapy after hysterectomy.Brachytherapy. 2012; 11: 58-67
International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements (ICRU) 89 report. Prescribing, Recording, and Reporting Brachytherapy for Cancer of the Cervix; 2016.
- Review of clinical brachytherapy uncertainties: Analysis guidelines of GEC-ESTRO and the AAPM.Radiother Oncol. 2014; 110: 199-212
- Inverse planning for interstitial gynecologic template brachytherapy: truly anatomy-based planning.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002; 54: 1243-1251
- Multichannel vaginal cylinder brachytherapy-Impact of tumor thickness and location on dose to organs at risk.Brachytherapy. 2015; 14: 913-918