- •The use of Compass as model-based QA tool for stereotactic VMAT plans was analyzed.
- •Evaluation of DVH parameters together with 2D and 3D gamma analysis was executed.
- •Moderate correlation between gamma-index pass-rates for CCD and CRD existed.
- •In addition to model-based QA measurements are needed to verify treatment plans.
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy: the report of AAPM Task Group 101.Med Phys. 2010; 37: 4078-4101
- Measurement and properties of the dose-area product ratio in external small-beam radiotherapy.Phys Med Biol. 2017; 62: 4870-4883
- Patient-specific 3D pretreatment and potential 3D online dose verification of Monte Carlo calculated IMRT prostate treatment plans.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 81: 1168-1175
- Efficient and reliable 3D dose quality assurance for IMRT by combining independent dose calculations with measurements.Med Phys. 2013; 40: 021710
- Per-beam, planar IMRT QA passing rates do not predict clinically relevant patient dose errors.Med Phys. 2011; 38: 1037-1044
- Moving from gamma passing rates to patient DVH-based QA metrics in pretreatment dose QA.Med Phys. 2011; 38: 5477-5489
- Reconstruction of high-resolution 3D dose from matrix measurements: error detection capability of the COMPASS correction kernel method.Phys Med Biol. 2011; 56: 5029-5043
- Experimental validation of a commercial 3D dose verification system for intensity-modulated arc therapies.Phys Med Biol. 2010; 55: 5619-5633
- Critical appraisal of the accuracy of Acuros-XB and Anisotropic Analytical Algorithm compared to measurement and calculations with the Compass system in the delivery of RapidArc clinical plans.Radiat Oncol. 2013; 8: 140
- Quantitative evaluation of 3D dosimetry for stereotactic volumetric-modulated arc delivery using COMPASS.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2015; 16: 192-207
Compass Version 3.0a users guide. IBA Dosimetry GmbH: Schwarzenbruck, Germany; 2013.
- Collapsed cone convolution of radiant energy for photon dose calculation in heterogeneous media.Med Phys. 1989; 16: 577-592
Seppälä J. The possibilities and dosimetric limitations of MLC-based Intensity-modulated radiotherapy delivery and optimization techniques. Annales Universitatis Turkuensis D1016. University of Turku: Turku, Finland; 2012.
- Dosimetry characterization and use of GAFCHROMIC EBT3 film for IMRT dose verification.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2013; 14: 158-171
Prescribing, Recording and Reporting Photon-Beam Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT). ICRU Report 83. International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements (ICRU): Bethesda, MD, USA; 2010.
- A technique for the quantitative evaluation of dose distributions.Med Phys. 1998; 25: 656-661
- Clinically relevant quality assurance (QA) for prostate RapidArc plans: gamma maps and DVH-based evaluation.Phys Med. 2014; 30: 462-472
- Retrospective review of locally set tolerances for VMAT prostate patient specific QA using the COMPASS system.Phys Med. 2015; 31: 792-797