- •115 Pareto-optimal plans were used to assess the prediction accuracy RapidPlan.
- •Prediction models were generated using 20, 30, 45, 55 and 114 plans.
- •Intrinsic accuracy of RapidPlan predictions was estimated for rectum, bladder and anus.
- •For model-114, clinically relevant deviations in DVH predictions were observed.
- •With smaller model size, the prediction showed dependence on the training set.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- CG:Point/counterpoint: within the next ten years treatment planning will become fully automated without the need for human intervention.Med Phys. 2014; 42: 120601-120604
- Fully automatic and robust segmentation of the clinical target volume for radiotherapy of breast cancer using big data and deep learning.Phys Medica. 2018; 50: 13-19
- Impact of pixel-based machine-learning techniques on automated frameworks for delineation of gross tumor volume regions for stereotactic body radiation therapy.Phys Medica. 2017; 42 (141–149A)
- On the pre-clinical validation of a commercial model-based optimisation engine: application to volumetric modulated arc therapy for patients with lung or prostate cancer.Radiother Oncol. 2014; 113: 385-391
- Clinical validation and benchmarking of knowledge-based IMRT and VMAT treatment planning in pelvic anatomy.Radiother Oncol. 2016; 120: 473-479
- Knowledge-based treatment planning: an inter-technique and inter-system feasibility study for prostate cancer.Phys Med. 2017; 36: 38-45
- Evaluation of a knowledge-based planning solution for head and neck cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015; 91: 612-620
- Automatic interactive optimization for volumetric modulated arc therapy planning.Radiat Oncol. 2015; 10: 75
- Assessment of a model based optimization engine for volumetric modulated arc therapy for patients with advanced hepatocellular cancer.Radiat Oncol. 2014; 9: 236
- Automatic treatment planning improves the clinical quality of head and neck cancer treatment plans.Clin Trans Radiat Oncol. 2016; 1: 2-8
- Automatic planning of head and neck treatment plans.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2016; Jan;; 17: 272-282
- Evaluation of an automated knowledge based treatment planning system for head and neck.Radiad Oncol. 2015; 10: 226
- iCycle: Integrated, multicriterial beam angle, and profile optimization for generation of coplanar and noncoplanar IMRT plans.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 951-963
- Toward fully automated multicriterial plan generation: a prospective clinical study.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013; 85: 866-872
- Validation of fully automated VMAT plan generation for library-based plan-of-the-day cervical cancer radiotherapy.PLoS ONE. 2016; 11 (e0169202)
- Fully automated VMAT treatment planning for advanced-stage NSCLC patients.Strahlenther Onkol. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00066-017-1121-1
- Fully automated volumetric modulated arc therapy plan generation for prostate cancer patients.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014; 88: 1175-1179
- Evaluation of a commercial automatic treatment planning system for liver stereotactic body radiation therapy treatments.Phys Medica. 2018; 46: 153-159
Wang Y., Petit SF. Radiotherapy treatment planning QA. https://www.erasmusmc.nl/radiotherapie/research2/medical-physics/projects/treatment-planning-qa/; 2016.
- Evaluation of plan quality assurance models for prostate cancer patients based on fully automatically generated Pareto-optimal treatment plans.Phys Med Biol. 2016; 61: 4268
Varian Medical System. Eclipse Photon and Electron reference guide v.13.7, 201 Palo Alto CA, 269: 360; 2015.
Varian Model Analytics https://modelanalytics.varian.com/; 2018.
- Can knowledge-based DVH predictions be used for automated, individualized quality assurance of radiotherapy treatment plans?.Radiat Oncol. 2015; 10: 234
- Complication probability as assessed from dose–volume histograms.Radiat Res Suppl. 1985; 8: S13-S19
- Predicting toxicity in radiotherapy for prostate cancer.Physica Med. 2016; 32: 521-532
- Radiation dose-volume effects in radiation-induced rectal injury.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016; 76: S123-S129
- Modeling the effects of inhomogeneous dose distributions in normal tissues.Semin Radiat Oncol. 2001; 11: 197-209
- Hypofractionated versus conventionally fractionated radiotherapy for patients with prostate cancer (HYPRO): late toxicity results from a randomised, non-inferiority, phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2016; 17: 464-474
- Effect of dosimetric outliers on the performance of a commercial knowledgebased planning solution.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016; 94: 469-477
- RapidPlan head and neck model: the objectives and possible clinical benefit.Radiat Oncol. 2017; 12: 73
- Sample size requirements for knowledge-based treatment planning.Med Phys. 2016; 43: 1212
- Predicting dose-volume histograms for organs-at-risk in IMRT planning.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 7446-7461https://doi.org/10.1118/1.4761864