- •Geant4 Standard EM option 4 and Livermore Physics Lists are in good agreement with EGSnrc in the energy range 20–100 keV.
- •We confirmed that breast dose in mammography screening can be minimised if a beam energy around 60 keV is used.
- •We confirmed that phase-contrast imaging is a promising technique for routine mammography screening.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Risk of radiation-induced breast cancer from mammographic screening.Radiology. 2011; 258: 98-105
- Dosimetry in x-ray-based breast imaging.Phys Med Biol. 2016; 61: R271-R304
- Technical and clinical breast cancer screening performance indicators for computed radiography versus direct digital radiography.Eur Radiol. 2013; 23: 2891-2898
- Comparative performance of modern digital mammography systems in a large breast screening program.Phys Med. 2013; 40: 121915-121925
- A review of breast tomosynthesis. Part I. The image acquisition process.Phys Med. 2013; 40014301
- A review of breast tomosynthesis. Part II. Image reconstruction, processing and analysis, and advanced applications.Phys Med. 2013; 40014302
- Dedicated breast computed tomography: basic aspects.Phys Med. 2015; 42: 2786
- Grating-based phase contrast tomosynthesis imaging: proof-of-concept experimental studies.Phys Med. 2014; 41011903
- Proof-of-concept demonstration of edge-illumination x-ray phase contrast imaging combined with tomosynthesis.Phys Med Biol. 2014; 59: N1-N10
- Geant4 developments and applications.IEEE Trans Nucl Sci. 2006; 53: 270-278https://doi.org/10.1109/tns.2006.869826
- Geant4 – a simulation toolkit.Nucl Instrum Meth Phys Res. 2003; A506: 250-303https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-9002(03)01368-8
- Recent developments in Geant4.Nucl Instrum Meth. 2016; A835: 186-225
- Computation of the glandular radiation dose in digital tomosynthesis of the breast.Phys Med. 2007; 34: 221-232
- Glandular radiation dose in tomosynthesis of the breast using tungsten targets.J Appl Clin. Med Phys. 2008; 9: 161-171
- Characterization of the homogeneous tissue mixture approximation in breast imaging dosimetry.Phys Med. 2012; 39: 5050-5059
- NRC user codes for EGSnrc. Technical Report PIRS-702(RevB).National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Canada2003
ICRU. Tissue substitutes in radiation dosimetry and measurement. ICRU Report 44. 1989.
- Internal breast dosimetry in mammography: Monte Carlo validation in homogeneous and anthropomorphic breast phantoms with a clinical mammography system.Med Phys. 2018; 45: 3950-3961
- Recent progress of Geant4 electromagnetic physics for calorimeter simulation.JINST. 2018; 13: C02054
- A Monte Carlo study of monoenergetic and polyenergetic normalized glandular dose (DgN) coefficients in mammography.Phys Med Biol. 2017; 62: 306-325
- Glandular dose in breast computed tomography with synchrotron radiation.Phys Med Biol. 2016; 61: 569-587
- GEANT4 for breast dosimetry: parameters optimization study.Phys Med Biol. 2015; 60: N311-N323
- Hard x-ray phase contrast imaging using single absorption grating and hybrid semiconductor pixel detector.Rev Sci Instrum. 2010; 81113702