- •Dose distributions was compared between SFUD, 3D-CRT and IMRT in pts with thymic tumours.
- •NTCP for different endpoints was calculated and compared between plans.
- •SFUD was associated with significantly lower doses to organs at risk.
- •The risk of toxicity was reduced with SFUD for several endpoints.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Histologic classification of thymoma: the World Health Organization and beyond.Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2008; 22: 381-392
- Thymomas and thymic carcinomas: clinical practice guidelines in oncology.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2013; 11: 562-576
- Radiation dose-volume effects in the heart.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 76: S77-S85
- Radiation dose-volume effects in the spinal cord.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 76: S42-S49
- Radiation dose-volume effects in the lung.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 76: S70-S76
- Radiation dose-volume effects in the esophagus.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 76: S86-S93
- Adjuvant proton beam therapy in the management of thymoma: a dosimetric comparison and acute toxicities.Clinical lung cancer. 2016; 17: 362-366
- Prospective study of proton beam radiation therapy for adjuvant and definitive treatment of thymoma and thymic carcinoma: early response and toxicity assessment.Radiotherapy Oncol. 2016; 118: 504-509
- Dose perturbation effect of metallic spinal implants in proton beam therapy.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2015; 16: 333-343
- Biological considerations when comparing proton therapy with photon therapy.Seminars Radiation Oncol. 2013; 23: 77-87
ICRU. ICRU Report 83: Prescribing, recording, and reporting photon-beam intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT). Journal of the International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements. 2010;10.
- Calculation of complication probability factors for non-uniform normal tissue irradiation: the effective volume method.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1989; 16: 1623-1630
- Complication probability as assessed from dose-volume histograms.Radiat Res Suppl. 1985; 8: S13-S19
- Normal liver tissue sparing by intensity-modulated proton stereotactic body radiotherapy for solitary liver tumours.Acta Oncol. 2011; 50: 823-828
- Dosimetric comparison of plans for photon- or proton-beam based radiosurgery of liver metastases.Int J Particle Therapy. 2016; 3: 277-284
- Outcome of nonsurgical treatment for locally advanced thymic tumors.J Thorac Dis. 2016; 8: 705-710
- Use of normal tissue complication probability models in the clinic.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 76: S10-S19
- Cardiovascular risk after radiotherapy in women With.Breast Cancer J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6.;
- Incidence of heart disease in 35,000 women treated with radiotherapy for breast cancer in Denmark and Sweden.Radiotherapy Oncol. 2011; 100: 167-175
- Risk of ischemic heart disease in women after radiotherapy for breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 987-998
- Delineation of target volumes and organs at risk in adjuvant radiotherapy of early breast cancer: national guidelines and contouring atlas by the Danish Breast Cancer Cooperative Group.Acta Oncol. 2013; 52: 703-710
- Bladder spatial-dose descriptors correlate with acute urinary toxicity after radiation therapy for prostate cancer.Phys Med. 2016; 32: 1681-1689
- Predicting toxicity in radiotherapy for prostate cancer.Phys Med. 2016; 32: 521-532
- Bladder dose-surface maps and urinary toxicity: Robustness with respect to motion in assessing local dose effects.Phys Med. 2016; 32: 506-511
- Postoperative proton therapy in the management of stage III thymoma.J Thoracic Oncol. 2013; 8: e38-e40
- Preoperative proton beam therapy for thymoma: a case report.Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016; 22: 186-188
- Effective dose reduction to cardiac structures using protons compared with 3DCRT and IMRT in mediastinal Hodgkin lymphoma.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 84: 449-455
- Analysis of Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), proton and 3D Conformal Radiotherapy (3D-CRT) for reducing perioperative cardiopulmonary complications in esophageal cancer patients.Cancers (Basel). 2014; 6: 2356-2368
- Results of a multicentric in silico clinical trial (ROCOCO): comparing radiotherapy with photons and protons for non-small cell lung cancer.J Thoracic Oncol. 2012; 7: 165-176
- Significant reduction of normal tissue dose by proton radiotherapy compared with three-dimensional conformal or intensity-modulated radiation therapy in Stage I or Stage III non-small-cell lung cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006; 65: 1087-1096
- Minimax optimization for handling range and setup uncertainties in proton therapy.Med Phys. 2011; 38: 1672-1684
- The impact of treatment accuracy on proton therapy patient selection for oropharyngeal cancer patients.Radiotherapy Oncol. 2017; 125: 520-525
- NTCP modeling analysis of acute hematologic toxicity in whole pelvic radiation therapy for gynecologic malignancies – A dosimetric comparison of IMRT and spot-scanning proton therapy (SSPT).Phys Med. 2016; 32: 1095-1102
- A beam-specific planning target volume (PTV) design for proton therapy to account for setup and range uncertainties.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 82: e329-e336
- Motion in radiotherapy: particle therapy.Phys Med Biol. 2011; 56: R113-R144
- Robust optimization in intensity-modulated proton therapy to account for anatomy changes in lung cancer patients.Radiotherapy Oncol. 2015; 114: 367-372
- Impact of respiratory motion on worst-case scenario optimized intensity modulated proton therapy for lung cancers.Pract Radiat Oncol. 2015; 5: e77-e86
- Predicted rate of secondary malignancies following adjuvant proton versus photon radiation therapy for thymoma.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017; 99: 427-433
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy, protons, and the risk of second cancers.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006; 65: 1-7
- Fraction size and dose parameters related to the incidence of pericardial effusions.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1998; 40: 155-161
- Normal tissue complication probability modeling for acute esophagitis in patients treated with conformal radiation therapy for non-small cell lung cancer.Radiotherapy Oncol. 2005; 77: 176-181
- Dose-surface analysis for prediction of severe acute radio-induced skin toxicity in breast cancer patients.Acta Oncol. 2016; 55: 466-473
- Lyman-Kutcher-Burman NTCP model parameters for radiation pneumonitis and xerostomia based on combined analysis of published clinical data.Phys Med Biol. 2008; 53: 737-755
- Fitting of normal tissue tolerance data to an analytic function.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1991; 21: 123-135
- The radiation dose-response of the human spinal cord.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 71: 1455-1459