- •Real-time in vivo dosimetry in prostate cancer brachytherapy.
- •Dwell times can be determined during patient treatment with in vivo dosimetry.
- •Afterloader control of dwell time was demonstrated stable over a year.
- •Incidences leading to dwell time offsets with a clinical impact can be caught by in vivo dosimetry.
Abbreviations:BT (Brachytherapy), DAQ (Data acquisition), EBRT (External beam radiotherapy), HDR (High dose rate), IVD (in vivo dosimetry), MR (Magnetic resonance), MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging), OAR (Organs at risk), PMT (Photomultiplier tube), RL (Radioluminescence), SD (Standard deviation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- In vivo dose verification method in catheter based high dose rate brachytherapy.Phys Med. 2017; 44: 1-10
- Clinical application of MOSkin dosimeters to rectal wall in vivo dosimetry in gynecological HDR brachytherapy.Phys Med. 2017; 41: 5-12
- In-vivo dosimetry for gynaecological brachytherapy: physical and clinical considerations.Radiother Oncol. 2005; 77: 310-317
- In vivo urethral dose measurements: a method to verify high dose rate prostate treatments.Med Phys. 2000; 27: 2297-2301
- In vivo thermoluminescence dosimetry dose verification of transperineal 192Ir high-dose-rate brachytherapy using CT-based planning for the treatment of prostate cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2003; 57: 1183-1191
- Thermoluminescence dosimetry for in-vivo verification of high dose rate brachytherapy for prostate cancer.Aust Phys Eng Sci Med. 2007; 30: 178-184
- Clinical trials of a urethral dose measurement system in brachytherapy using scintillation detectors.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 79: 609-615
- On the use of a single-fiber multipoint plastic scintillation detector for 192Ir high-dose-rate brachytherapy.Med Phys. 2013; 40062101
- Implementation of GaN based real-time source position monitoring in HDR brachytherapy.Rad Med. 2014; 71: 293-296
- Characterization of a fiber-coupled Al2O3: C luminescence dosimetry system for online in vivo dose verification during 192Ir brachytherapy.Med Phys. 2009; 36: 708-718
- Inorganic scintillator detectors for real-time verification during brachytherapy.J Phys: Conf Ser. 2017; 847012036
- Geometric stability of intracavitary pulsed dose rate brachytherapy monitored by in vivo rectal dosimetry.Rad Oncol. 2006; 79: 87-93
- Source position verification and dosimetry in HDR brachytherapy using an EPID.Med Phys. 2013; 40111706
- On the use of a single-fiber multipoint plastic scintillation detector for 192 Ir high-dose-rate brachytherapy.Med Phys. 2013; 40062101
- Time-resolved in vivo dosimetry for source tracking in brachytherapy.Brachytherapy. 2018; 17: 122-132
- Design and testing of a phantom and instrumented gynecological applicator based on GaN dosimeter for use in high dose rate brachytherapy quality assurance.Med Phys. 2016; 43: 5240-5251
- Adaptive error detection for HDR/PDR brachytherapy: guidance for decision making during real-time in vivo point dosimetry.Med Phys. 2014; 41052102
- The feasibility study and characterization of a two-dimensional diode array in “magic phantom” for high dose rate brachytherapy quality assurance.Med Phys. 2013; 40111702
- Online pretreatment verification of high-dose rate brachytherapy using an imaging panel.Phys Med Biol. 2017; 62: 5440
- Automated source tracking with a pinhole imaging system during high-dose-rate brachytherapy treatment.Phys Med Biol. 2018; 63145002
- An integrated system for clinical treatment verification of HDR prostate brachytherapy combining source tracking with pretreatment imaging.Brachytherapy. 2018; 17: 111-121
- Time-resolved in vivo luminescence dosimetry for online error detection in pulsed dose-rate brachytherapy.Med Phys. 2009; 36: 5033-5043
- Learning curve of MRI-based planning for high-dose-rate brachytherapy for prostate cancer.Brachytherapy. 2016; 15: 426-434
- The transit dose component of high dose rate brachytherapy: direct measurements and clinical implications.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1993; 26: 695-702
- Dose determination in high dose-rate brachytherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1992; 24: 795-801
- HDR 192Ir source speed measurements using a high speed video camera.Med Phys. 2015; 42: 412-415
- A Radioluminescence properties of alpha-Al2O3 TL dosimeters.Radiat Prot Dosim. 1996; 65: 139-142
- An algorithm for real-time dosimetry in intensity-modulated radiation therapy using the radioluminescence signal from Al2O3:C.Radiat Prot Dosim. 2006; 120: 7-13
IAEA, “Lessons learned from accidental exposures in radiotherapy,” IAEA Safety Report Series 17 (IAEA, Vienna, 2000).
UK GOV, Radiotherapy Errors and Near Misses Data Report, URL: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/safer-radiotherapy-error-data-analysis-report.