- •External surrogates provide a tenuous link between breathing and tumor motion.
- •Internal surrogates are needed for better proton therapy of lung cancer.
- •Prompt gamma camera (PGC) can be used to link breathing to tumor motion.
- •Correlation models can help strengthen link between breathing and PGC signal.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Range uncertainties in proton therapy and the role of Monte Carlo simulations.Phys Med Biol. 2012; 57: R99-117
- Physics controversies in proton therapy.Semin Radiat Oncol. 2013; 23: 88-96
- The calibration of CT Hounsfield units for radiotherapy treatment planning.Phys Med Biol. 1996; 41: 111-124
- The clinical impact of uncertainties in the mean excitation energy of human tissues during proton therapy.Phys Med Biol. 2013; 58: 887-902
- Comprehensive analysis of proton range uncertainties related to patient stopping-power-ratio estimation using the stoichiometric calibration.Phys Med Biol. 2012; 57: 4095-4115
- The probability of correct target dosage: dose-population histograms for deriving treatment margin in radiotherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000; 47: 1121-1135
- Mitigating errors in external respiratory surrogate-based models of tumor position.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 82: e709-e716
- Quantification of an external motion surrogate for quality assurance in lung cancer radiation therapy.Biomed Res Int. 2014; 2014595430
- Correlation between external surrogate motion and lung tumor motion: from a statistical point of view.Radiat Oncol. 2014; 81: 781-782
- Towards clinical application: prompt gamma imaging of passively scattered proton fields with a knife-edge slit camera.Phys Med Biol. 2016; 61
- Prompt gamma imaging for in vivo range verification of pencil beam scanning proton therapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017; 99: 210-218
- Sensitivity study of prompt gamma imaging of scanned beam proton therapy in heterogeneous anatomies.Radiother Oncol. 2015; : 1-6
- Detection of mixed-range proton pencil beams with a prompt gamma slit camera.Phys Med Biol. 2015; 60: 4849-4871
- Sensitivity of a prompt-gamma slit-camera to detect range shifts for proton treatment verification.Radiother Oncol. 2017; : 21-23
Plumat J, Andersson MG, Janssens G, Orban de Xivry J, Knutsson H. Image registration using the Morphon algorithm: an ITK implementation; 2009.
- Exhale fluctuation in respiratory-gated radiotherapy of the lung: a pitfall of respiratory gating shown in a synchronized internal/external marker recording study.Radiother Oncol. 2008; 86: 69-76
- Dynamic gating window for compensation of baseline shift in respiratory-gated radiation therapy.Med Phys. 2011; 38: 1912-1918
- Monitoring tumor motion by real time 2D/3D registration during radiotherapy.Radiother Oncol. 2011; 102: 274-280
- Precise and real-time measurement of 3D tumor motion in lung due to breathing and heartbeat, measured during radiotherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002; 53: 822-834
- Analytical computation of prompt gamma ray emission and detection for proton range verification.Phys Med Biol. 2015; 60: 4915-4946
- Analytical computation of prompt gamma ray emission and detection for proton range verification.Phys Med Biol. 2016; 61: 6856
- Feasibility of 4DCBCT-based proton dose calculation: an ex vivo porcine lung phantom study.Z Med Phys. 2018; 10771
- First clinical investigation of cone beam computed tomography and deformable registration for adaptive proton therapy for lung cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol* Biol* Phys. 2016; 95: 549-559
Van Ooteghem G, Dasnoy-Sumell D, Lemaire G, Liistro G, Sterpin E, Geets X. Mechanically-assisted and non-invasive ventilation: Innovative step forward in the motion management; 2018.https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8140(18)30722-9.