- •In IMPT, the minimum dose to PTV does not represent the minimum dose to CTV.
- •OAR DVH underestimates OAR dose receiving under geometrical uncertainties.
- •OAR DVH does not match any confidence levels from Dose Volume Population Histogram.
- •Dose Volume Population Histogram tool helps planners evaluate the plans reliably.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements. Prescribing, Recording and Reporting Photon Beam Therapy. ICRU Report 50. Bethesda, MD: ICRU, 1993.
- Inclusion of geometrical uncertainties in radiotherapy treatment planning by means of coverage probability.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1999; 43: 905-919
- The probability of correct target dosage: dose-population histograms for deriving treatment margins in radiotherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000; 47: 1121-1135
- Margins for treatment planning of proton therapy.Phys Med Biol. 2006; 51: 1491-1501
- Intensity modulated proton therapy and its sensitivity to treatment uncertainties 2: the potential effects of inter-fraction and inter-field motions.Phys Med Biol. 2008; 53: 1043-1056
- Is it necessary to plan with safety margins for actively scanned proton therapy?.Phys Med Biol. 2011; 56: 4399-4413
- A novel method for the evaluation of uncertainty in dose-volume histogram computation.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 70: 1263-1271
- Statistical assessment of proton treatment plans under setup and range uncertainties.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013; 86: 1007-1013
- Dose-volume population histogram: a new tool for evaluating plans whilst considering geometrical uncertainties.Phys Med Biol. 2009; 54: 935-947
- Initial results of a phase 3 randomized study of high dose 3DCRT/IMRT versus standard dose 3D-CRT/IMRT in patients treated for localized prostate cancer (RTOG 0126).Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014; 90: 1263
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy with or without chemotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma: radiation therapy oncology group phase II trial 0225.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 3684-3690
- Radiation therapy oncology group (RTOG) Protocol 0623: a phase II trial of combined modality therapy with growth factor support for patients with limited stage small cell lung.Cancer. 2008;
- Advanced treatment planning methods for efficient radiation therapy with laser accelerated proton and ion beams.Med Phys. 2010; 37: 5330-5340
- CERR: a computational environment for radiotherapy research.Med Phys. 2003; 30: 979-985
- A pencil beam algorithm for proton dose calculations.Phys Med Biol. 1996; 41: 1305-1330
- Multiple Coulomb scattering of 160 MeV protons.Nucl Instrum Meth Phys Res B. 1993; 74: 467-490
- A pencil beam algorithm for magnetic resonance image-guided proton therapy.Med Phys. 2018; 45: 2195-2204
- Fast pencil beam dose calculation for proton therapy using a double gaussian beam model.Front Oncol. 2015; 5: 281
- Sub-second pencil beam dose calculation on GPU for adaptive proton therapy.Phys Med Biol. 2015; 60: 4777-4795
- Impact of dose engine algorithm in pencil beam scanning proton therapy for breast cancer.Phys Med. 2018; 50: 7-12
- The impact of dose algorithms on tumor control probability in intensity-modulated proton therapy for breast cancer.Phys Med. 2019; 61: 52-57
Nutting CM, Bidmead M, Harrington KJ, Henkm JM. Geometric uncertainties in radiotherapy of head and neck. Geometric uncertainties in Radiotherapy (London:BIR) 2003:127-41.
- Quantification of shape variation of prostate and seminal vesicles during external beam radiotherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 61: 228-238
- Emptying the rectum before treatment delivery limits the variations of rectal dose – volume parameters during 3DCRT of prostate cancer.Radiother Oncol. 2006; 80: 363-370
- Quantification of local rectal wall displacements by virtual rectum unfolding.Radiother Oncol. 2004; 70: 21-30
- A method to calculate coverage probability from uncertainties in radiotherapy via a statistical shape model.Phys Med Biol. 2007; 52: 1947-1965