- •Medical physics is a young profession, lacking recognition within the medical professions.
- •This workforce survey aims to understand the status, motivation and experience of the medical physicists in the country.
- •A subsection also aims to understand the status of women medical physicists in Malaysia.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
Department of Statistics Malaysia. Vital Statistics, Malaysia, 2018. 2018 [cited 2019 18/7/2019]; Available from: https://www.dosm.gov.my.
Central Intelligence Agency. The World Factbook – EAST ASIA/SOUTHEAST ASIA :: MALAYSIA. 2019 [cited 2019 18/7/2019]; Available from: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/my.html.
- Women and men in the Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine: workforce survey.Australas Phys Eng Sci Med. 2019; 42: 33-41
- Medical physics education In Malaysia –With the example of the master of medical physics programme at the University of Malaya.Med Phys Int. 2015; 3: 72-80
- Medical Physics Education in Malaysia.in: Tabakov S. Sprawls P. Krisanachinda A. Lewis C. Medical Physics and Engineering Education and Training. ICTP, Trieste, Italy2011: 80-83
- Female medical physicists: the results of a survey carried out by the International Organization for Medical Physics.Phys Med. 2015; 31: 368-373
- The ASEAN College Of Medical Physics (ACOMP) – The First Two Years.Med Phys Int. 2015;
- Current status of medical physics recognition in SEAFOMP countries.Med Phys Int. 2017; 5: 1
- Gender gap in higher education: perspective on factors influencing enrolment in Malaysian universities: a University of Malaya sample.J Qual Higher Educ. 2015; 2
- SWOT analysis of the current situation of medical physicists in Portugal.Phys Med. 2016; 32: 332
- A strategic development model for the role of the biomedical physicist in the education of healthcare professionals in Europe.Phys Med. 2012; 28: 307-318
- Subjects such as strategic planning, extra-disciplinary communication, and management have become crucial to medical physics clinical practice and should become an integral part of the medical physics curriculum.Med Phys. 2017; 44: 3885-3887