- •Model validated on 50 patients receiving 60 Gy to prostate and 44 Gy to pelvic nodes.
- •Model plans had improved sparing of organs-at-risk compared to clinical plans.
- •Model offers unbiased way to check benefit of different treatment arc configurations.
- •Model failed to produce reliable DVH predictions for prostate-only treatment plans.
Material and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Fractionation and protraction for radiotherapy of prostate carcinoma.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1999; 43: 1095-1101
- Dose-fractionation sensitivity of prostate cancer deduced from radiotherapy outcomes of 5,969 patients in seven international institutional datasets: α/β = 1.4 (0.9-2.2) Gy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 82: e17-e24
- Stereotactic hypofractionated accurate radiotherapy of the prostate (SHARP), 33.5 Gy in five fractions for localized disease: First clinical trial results.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 67: 1099-1105
- Hypofractionated intensity-modulated radiotherapy (70 Gy at 2.5 Gy per fraction) for localized prostate cancer: Cleveland clinic experience.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 68: 1424-1430
- Randomized trial of a hypofractionated radiation regimen for the treatment of localized prostate cancer.JCO. 2017; 35: 1884-1890
- Conventional versus hypofractionated high-dose intensity-modulated radiotherapy for prostate cancer: 5-year outcomes of the randomised, non-inferiority, phase 3 CHHiP trial.Lancet Oncol. 2016; 17: 1047-1060
- Variation in external beam treatment plan quality: An inter-institutional study of planners and planning systems.Pract Radiat Oncol. 2012; 2: 296-305
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy dose prescription, recording, and delivery: Patterns of variability among institutions and treatment planning systems.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008; 100: 300-307
- Using overlap volume histogram and IMRT plan data to guide and automate VMAT planning: A head-and-neck case study.Med Phys. 2013; 40021714
- Modeling the dosimetry of organ-at-risk in head and neck IMRT planning: An intertechnique and interinstitutional study.Med Phys. 2013; 40121704
- A planning quality evaluation tool for prostate adaptive IMRT based on machine learning.Med Phys. 2011; 38: 719
- A DVH-guided IMRT optimization algorithm for automatic treatment planning and adaptive radiotherapy replanning.Med Phys. 2014; 41061711
- A knowledge-based approach to improving and homogenizing intensity modulated radiation therapy planning quality among treatment centers: An example application to prostate cancer planning.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013; 87: 176-181
- Survey on deep learning for radiotherapy.Comput Biol Med. 2018; 98: 126-146
- Knowledge-based IMRT treatment planning for prostate cancer.Med Phys. 2011; 38: 2515-2522
- Experience-based quality control of clinical intensity-modulated radiotherapy planning.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 81: 545-551
- Quantitative analysis of the factors which affect the interpatient organ-at-risk dose sparing variation in IMRT plans.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 6868-6878
- Predicting dose-volume histograms for organs-at-risk in IMRT planning.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 7446-7461
- Assessment of a model based optimization engine for volumetric modulated arc therapy for patients with advanced hepatocellular cancer.Radiat Oncol. 2014; 9: 236
- On the pre-clinical validation of a commercial model-based optimisation engine: application to volumetric modulated arc therapy for patients with lung or prostate cancer.Radiother Oncol. 2014; 113: 385-391
- Evaluation of a knowledge-based planning solution for head and neck cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015; 91: 612-620
- A broad scope knowledge based model for optimization of VMAT in esophageal cancer: validation and assessment of plan quality among different treatment centers.Radiat Oncol. 2015; 10: 220
- Can knowledge-based DVH predictions be used for automated, individualized quality assurance of radiotherapy treatment plans?.Radiat Oncol. 2015; 10: 234
- Effect of dosimetric outliers on the performance of a commercial knowledge-based planning solution.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016; 94: 469-477
- Clinical validation and benchmarking of knowledge-based IMRT and VMAT treatment planning in pelvic anatomy.Radiother Oncol. 2016; 120: 473-479
- Comprehensive Intra-Institution stepping validation of knowledge-based models for automatic plan optimization.Phys Med. 2019; 57: 231-237
- Performance of knowledge-based radiation therapy planning for the glioblastoma disease site.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017; 99: 1021-1028
Prescribing, Recording, and Reporting Photon-Beam Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT). ICRU Report 83, J ICRU 2010, 10:1.
- An introduction to statistical learning.7th ed. Springer, 2017