- •New specific set of Hyperthermia treatment Quality Indicators are proposed.
- •Three structure, five process and two outcome Quality Indicators set were selected.
- •Average values used as standard reference values of hyperthermia quality indicators have been obtained and proposed.
- •The proposed indicators are available to be investigated and applied by a larger number of the Institutes.
Material and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Quality indicators in radiotherapy.Radiother Oncol. 2007; 82: 191-200
- Quality assessment in oncology.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 83: 773-781
- American Society of Clinical Oncology/National Comprehensive Cancer Network quality measures.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 3631-3637
- Development of quality indicators for diagnosis and treatment of patients with non small cell lung cancer: a first step toward implementing a multidisciplinary, evidence-based guideline.Lung Cancer. 2006; 54: 117-124
- Quality-of-care indicators for early-stage prostate cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 1928-1936
- Measuring the quality of care in radiation oncology.Semin Radiat Oncol. 2008; 18: 201-206
- Regulating quality?.Pract Radiat Oncol. 2011; 1: 224-225
American Society for Radiation Oncology. NRC staff adopts ASTRO recommendations for medical event definition, https://www.astro.org/Advocacy/Whats-Happening-InWashington/2012/NRC-staffadopts-ASTRO-recommendations-for-medical-event-definition.aspx. [accessed 10 September 2012].
American College of Radiology: Radiation oncology accreditation program, http://www.acr.org/Quality-Safety/Accreditation/RO/; 2012 [accessed 23 September 2012].
- Quality assurance in radiotherapy: the importance of medical physics staffing levels. Recommendations from an ESTRO/EFOMP joint task group.Radiother Oncol. 1996; 41: 89-94
- Simultaneous radiotherapy and superficial hyperthermia for high-risk breast carcinoma: a randomised comparison of treatment sequelae in heated versus non-heated sectors of the chest wall hyperthermia.Int J Hyperthermia. 2012; 28: 583-590
- Hyperthermia combined with radiation therapy for superficial breast cancer and chest wall recurrence: a review of the randomised data.Int J Hyperthermia. 2010; 26: 612-617
- Randomized trial of hyperthermia and radiation for superficial tumors.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 3079-3085
- Hyperthermia Is Now Included in the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines for Breast Cancer Recurrences: An Analysis of Existing Data.Breast Care (Basel). 2015; 10: 109-116
- Quality assurance guidelines for ESHO protocols.Int J Hyperthermia. 1989; 5: 421-428
- RTOG quality assurance guidelines for clinical trials using hyperthermia.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1990; 18: 1249-1259
- Quality assurance guidelines for superficial hyperthermia clinical trials : II. Technical requirements for heating devices.Strahlenther Onkol. 2017; 193: 351-366
- Quality indicators in the intensity modulated/image guided radiotherapy era.Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016; 108: 52-61
- Components of a hyperthermia clinic: recommendations for staffing, equipment, and treatment monitoring.Int J Hyperthermia. 2014; 30: 1-5
- Are quality indicators for radiotherapy useful in the evaluation of service efficacy in a new based radiotherapy?.Tumori. 2006; 9: 496-502
- Multidisciplinary care in cancer: the fellowship of the ring.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 916-920
- Multidisciplinary care in oncology: medico legal implications of group decisions.Lancet Oncol. 2006; 7: 951-954
- The multidisciplinary meeting: An indispensable aid to communication between different specialities.Eur J Cancer. 2006; 42: 2459-2462
- Analysis of clinical data to determine the minimum number of sensors required for adequate skin temperature monitoring of superficial hyperthermia treatments.Int J Hyperthermia. 2018; 34: 910-917
- Current state of the art of regional hyperthermia treatment planning: a review.Radiat Oncol. 2015; 10: 196
- Predictive value of SAR based quality indicators for head and neck hyperthermia treatment quality.Int J Hyperthermia. 2019; 36: 456-465
- Is CEM43 still a relevant thermal dose parameter for hyperthermia treatment monitoring?.Int J Hyperthermia. 2016; 32: 50-62
- A retrospective analysis of patients with head and neck cancer treated with radiation, hyperthermia, and cetuximab: A brief report of outcome.J Cancer Res Ther. 2016; 12: 1164-1166
- Reirradiation for locally recurrent breast cancer.Breast. 2017; 33: 159-165
- Reirradiation + hyperthermia for recurrent breast cancer en cuirasse.Strahlenther Onkol. 2018; 194: 206-214