- •A Monte Carlo model for the M6 Cyberknife is integrated in the Moderato platform.
- •The model is validated using patient plans re-calculations and film measurements.
- •A machine learning algorithm is trained to predict electron beam parameters.
- •The method is validated on other M6 devices through Monte Carlo simulations.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- “Rapid Learning health care in oncology” - an approach towards decision support systems enabling customised radiotherapy.Radiother Oncol. 2013; 109: 159-164
- Accurate accumulation of dose for improved understanding of radiation effects in normal tissue.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 76: 135-139
- Clinical implementation of a Monte Carlo based treatment plan QA platform for validation of Cyberknife and Tomotherapy treatments.Phys Med. 2016; 32
- Use of an in-house Monte Carlo platform to assess the clinical impact of algorithm-related dose differences on DVH constraints.Phys Med. 2017;
- Accurate condensed history Monte Carlo simulation of electron transport. I. EGSnrc, the new EGS4 version.Med Phys. 2000; 27: 485-498
- BEAM: a Monte Carlo code to simulate radiotherapy treatment units.Med Phys. 1995; 22: 503-524
- The design and physical characterization of a multileaf collimator for robotic radiosurgery.Biomed Phys Eng Express. 2016; 2
- A finite size pencil beam for IMRT dose optimization.Phys Med Biol. 2005; 50: 1747-1766
- A Monte Carlo dose calculation tool for radiotherapy treatment planning.Phys Med Biol. 2002; 47: 1671-1689
- Implementation of Monte Carlo Dose calculation for CyberKnife treatment planning.J Phys Conf Ser. 2008; 102
Pena J, González-castaño DM, Gómez F, Sánchez-doblado F. Automatic determination of primary electron beam parameters in Monte Carlo simulation n.d.
- An investigation into the use of MMCTP to tune accelerator source parameters and testing its clinical application.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2013; 14: 3-14
- BEAMnrc users manual.Source. 2011; 509: 1-260
Walters B, Kawrakow I, Rogers DWO. DOSXYZnrc Users Manual. NRCC Rep PIRS-0794 2016(April):1–125.
- Use of a liquid ionization chamber for stereotactic radiotherapy dosimetry.Phys Med Biol. 2013; 58
- Monte Carlo calculation based on hydrogen composition of the tissue for MV photon radiotherapy.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2015; 16: 117-130
- Conversion of CT numbers into tissue parameters for Monte Carlo dose calculations: a multi-centre study.Phys Med Biol. 2007; 52: 539
- Multichannel film dosimetry with nonuniformity correction.Med Phys. 2011; 38: 2523-2534
- Scikit-learn: machine learning in python.J Mach Learn Res. 2011; 12: 2825-2830
- Independent Monte-Carlo dose calculation for MLC based CyberKnife radiotherapy.Phys Med Biol. 2018; 63
- Novel Monte Carlo dose calculation algorithm for robotic radiosurgery with multi leaf collimator: dosimetric evaluation.Phys Med. October 2018; 2019: 25-32
- Benchmarking Monte-Carlo dose calculation for MLC CyberKnife treatments.Radiat Oncol. 2019; 14: 1-11