- •Measurement of %Stenosis in single energy cardiac CT is considerably overestimated.
- •Dual energy cardiac CT provides images that are less affected by cardiac motion.
- •The detail reconstruction kernel provides a more accurate assessment of %Stenosis.
- •Effective dose in dual energy cardiac CT is lower than in routine gated acquisition.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- A model for quantitative correction of coronary calcium scores on multidetector, dual source, and electron beam computed tomography for influences of linear motion, calcification density, and temporal resolution: a cardiac phantom study.Med Phys. 2009; 36: 5079-5088
- Threshold adjusted calcium scoring using CT is less susceptible to cardiac motion and more accurate.Med Phys. 2009; 36: 438-446
- Contemporary discrepancies of stenosis assessment by computed tomography and invasive coronary angiography.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2019; 12e007720https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCIMAGING.118.007720
- Interobserver agreement for the interpretation of contrast-enhanced 3D MR angiography and MDCT angiography in peripheral arterial disease.Am J Roentgenol. 2005; 185: 1261-1267
- Accuracy of 64-row multidetector computed tomography in detecting coronary artery disease in 134 symptomatic patients: influence of calcification.Am Heart J. 2006; 151: e1-e6
- Diagnostic performance of 64-multidetector row coronary computed tomographic angiography for evaluation of coronary artery stenosis in individuals without known coronary artery disease: results from the prospective multicenter ACCURACY(assessment by coronary computed tomographic angiography of individuals undergoing invasivecoronary angiography) trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52: 1724-1732
- Material differentiation by dual energy CT: initial experience.Eur Radiol. 2007; 17: 1510-1517
- First performance evaluation of a dual-source CT (DSCT) system.Eur Radiol. 2006; 16: 256-268
- Fast kVp-switching dual energy contrast-enhanced thorax and cardiac CT: a phantom study on the accuracy of iodine concentration and effective atomic number measurement.Med Phys. 2017; 44: 4724-4735
- The 50% coronary stenosis.Am J Cardiol. 2015; 115: 1162-1165
- 2012 ACCF/AHA/ACP/AATS/PCNA/SCAI/STS Guideline for the diagnosis and management of patients with stable ischemic heart disease: a report of the american college of cardiology foundation/american heart association task force on practice guidelines, and the american college of physicians, american association for thoracic surgery, preventive cardiovascular nurses association, society for cardiovascular angiography and interventions, and society of thoracic surgeons.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: e44-e164https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2012.07.013
Reference protocol guide 5507116-1EN, Revision: 1, GE Healthcare 2014.
Technical Reference Manual Recolution Discovery CT, GE Medical Systems 2014.
- Multisection CT protocols: sex- and age-specific conversion factors used to determine effective dose from dose-length product.Radiology. 2010; 257: 158-166
- Systematic analysis on the relationship between luminal enhancement, convolution kernel, plaque density, and luminal diameter of coronary artery stenosis: a CT phantom study.Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013; 29: 1129-1135
- Quantification of uncertainty in the assessment of coronary plaque in CCTA through a dynamic cardiacphantom and 3D-printed plaque model.J Med Imaging. 2018; 5: 013501-013509
- Accuracy of dual-source computed tomography in quantitative assessment of low density coronary stenosis-a motion phantom study.Eur Radiol. 2010; 20: 542-548
- Monoenergetic reconstructions for imaging of coronary artery stents using spectral detector CT: in-vitro experience and comparison to conventional images.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2017; 11: 33-39
- Triple-rule-out computed tomography angiography with 256-slice computed tomography scanners: patient-specific assessment of radiation burden and associated cancer risk.Invest Radiol. 2012; 47: 109-115
- Saving dose in triple-rule-out computed tomography examination using a high-pitch dual spiral technique.Invest Radiol. 2010; 45: 64-71
- Triple rule-out CT in the emergency department: protocols and spectrum of imaging findings.Eur Radiol. 2009; 19: 789-799
- Radiation dose estimates from cardiac multislice computed tomography in daily practice: impact of different scanning protocols on effective dose estimates.Circulation. 2006; 113: 1305-1310
- Prospectively versus retrospectively ECG-gated 256-slice coronary CT angiography: image quality and radiation dose over expanded heart rates.Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012; 28: 153-162
- High-definition computed tomography for coronary artery stents: image quality and radiation doses for low voltage (100 kVp) and standard voltage (120 kVp) ECG-triggered scanning.Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015; 31: 39-49https://doi.org/10.1007/s10554-015-0686-y
- Specific absorbed fractions of energy at various ages from internal photon sources. I. Methods.(Report no. ORNL/TM-8381/V1) Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tenn1987
- Voxel based models representing the male and female ICRP reference adult: the skeleton.Radiat Prot Dosim. 2007; 127: 174-186
- Determination of the weighted CT dose index in modern multi-detector CT scanners.Phys Med Biol. 2007; 52: 6485-6495