- •Daily fully adaptive RT (dART) by 1.5 T MR-linac removes the effects of inter-fraction motion.
- •However, the dART session time is prolonged with respect to not-adaptive RT.
- •Intra-fraction target motion is then likely increased by the use of dART.
- •The trade-off between these two opposite effects of dART needs of a quantification.
- •For 5-fx Prostate-SBRT, the accuracy of dART dose delivery by 1.5 T MR-linac was estimated.
Material and methods
National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Prostate cancer. 2014: version 2.2014.
- Intensity-modulated fractionated radiotherapy versus stereotactic body radiotherapy for prostate cancer (PACE-B): acute toxicity findings from an international, randomised, open-label, phase 3, non-inferiority trial.Lancet Oncol. 2019; 20: 1531-1543https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(19)30569-8
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for localized prostate cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of over 6,000 patients treated on prospective studies.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2019; 104: 778-789https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2019.03.051
- Phase II study of accelerated Linac-based SBRT in five consecutive fractions for localized prostate cancer.Strahlenther Onkol. 2019; 195: 113-120https://doi.org/10.1007/s00066-018-1338-7
- SBRT for prostate cancer: challenges and features from a physicist prospective.Phys Med. 2016; 32: 479-484https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2016.03.011
- Rectal content and intrafractional prostate gland motion assessed by magnetic resonance imaging.J Radiat Res. 2011; 52: 199-207https://doi.org/10.1269/jrr.10126
- Six degrees-of-freedom prostate and lung tumor motion measurements using kilovoltage intrafraction monitoring.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015; 91: 368-375https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2014.09.040
- Observations on real-time prostate gland motion using electromagnetic tracking.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 71: 1084-1090https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2007.11.054
- Seminal vesicle intrafraction motion analysed with cinematic magnetic resonance imaging.Radiat Oncol. 2014; 9: 174https://doi.org/10.1186/1748-717X-9-174
- Intrafractional prostate motion during external beam radiotherapy monitored by a real-time target localization system.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2015; 16: 51-61https://doi.org/10.1120/jacmp.v16i2.5013
- MRIguided prostate adaptive radiotherapy – a systematic review.Radiother Oncol. 2016; 119: 371-380https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2016.04.014
- Adaptive radiotherapy: the elekta unity MR-linac concept.Clin Transl Radiat Oncol. 2019; 18: 54-59https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctro.2019.04.001
- Volumetric-modulated arc stereotactic body radiotherapy for prostate cancer: dosimetric impact of an increased near-maximum target dose and of a rectal spacer.Br J Radiol. 2015; 88: 20140736https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.20140736
- 1.5 T MR-guided and daily adapted SBRT for prostate cancer: feasibility, preliminary clinical tolerability, quality of life and patient-reported outcomes during treatment.Radiat Oncol. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1186/s13014-020-01510-w
- A criterion for the reliable use of MRI-only radiotherapy.Radiat Oncol. 2014; 9: 16https://doi.org/10.1186/1748-717X-9-16
- The need for application-based adaptation of deformable image registration.Med Phys. 2013; 40: 011702-11711https://doi.org/10.1118/1.4769114
- Individual limph nodes: “See it and Zap it”.Clin Transl Radiat Oncol. 2019; 18: 46-53https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctro.2019.03.004
- Automatic reconstruction of the delivered dose of the day using MR-linac treatment log files and online MR imaging.Radiother Oncol. 2020; 145: 88-94https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2019.12.010
- Delivered dose quantification in prostate radiotherapy using online 3D cine imaging and treatment log files on a combined 1.5T magnetic resonance imaging and linear accelerator system.Phys Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2020; 15https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phro.2020.06.005
- Dosimetric precision requirements in radiation therapy.Acta Radiol Oncol. 1984; 23: 379-391https://doi.org/10.3109/02841868409136037
- Reporting and analyzing dose distributions: a concept of equivalent uniform dose.Med Phys. 1997; 24: 103-110https://doi.org/10.1118/1.598063
- Use of image registration and fusion algorithms and techniques in radiotherapy: report of the AAPM radiation therapy committee Task Group No. 132.Med Phys. 2017; 44: e43-e76https://doi.org/10.1002/mp.12256