- •Accurate measurement of extended source-to-surface distance fields is time consuming.
- •A device was made to accurately and quickly measure large profiles.
- •Treatment Planning System modelling with Monaco was performed.
- •Comparisons to Monaco collapsed cone algorithm agreed well for block phantoms.
- •Feasibility established to investigate planning system agreement for patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
Van Dyk J, Galvin JM, Glasgow GP, and Podgorsak EB. AAPM Report No. 017 – The Physical Aspects of Total and Half Body Photon Irradiation. AAPM 1986. https://doi.org/10.37206/16.
Rusu I. Total body irradiation (TBI). In: Brady LW, Yaeger TE, editors. Encyclopedia of radiation oncology, Berlin: Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2013. p. 904–910. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-85516-3_38.
Moggré A, Wilder B. Total body irradiation (TBI) recommissioning report. Christchurch hospital, Canterbury District Health Board, Christchurch, New Zealand Unpublished Internal Report.
Narayanasamy G, Bosse C, Saenz D, Cruz W, Mavroidis P, Papanikolaou N, Stathakis S. SU-E-T-194: commissioning of monaco treatment planning system on an Elekta VersaHD linear accelerator. Med Phys 2015; 42:3376–3376. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.4924555.
- The commissioning and validation of Monaco treatment planning system on an Elekta VersaHD linear accelerator.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2019; 20: 184-193https://doi.org/10.1002/acm2.12507
López-Tarjuelo J, García-Mollá R, Juan-Senabre XJ, Quirós-Higueras JD, Santos-Serra A, de Marco-Blancas N, Calzada-Feliu S. Acceptance and commissioning of a treatment planning system based on Monte Carlo calculations. Technol Cancer Res Treatment 2014; 13:129–138. https://doi.org/10.7785/tcrt.2012.500361.
- A Monte Carlo evaluation of beam characteristics for total body irradiation at extended treatment distances.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2014; 15: 4708https://doi.org/10.1120/jacmp.v15i3.4708
- Commissioning and evaluation of an extended SSD photon model for PINNACLE3: an application to total body irradiation.Med Phys. 2009; 36: 3844-3855https://doi.org/10.1118/1.3171688
- Going the distance: validation of Acuros and AAA at an extended SSD of 400 cm.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2016; 17: 63-73https://doi.org/10.1120/jacmp.v17i2.5913
- Dosimetric validation of Monaco treatment planning system on an Elekta VersaHD linear accelerator.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2017; 18: 123-129https://doi.org/10.1002/acm2.12188
Phoenix Dosimetry. NE2571 & NE2581 Ionisation Chambers. https://phoenix-dosimetry.co.uk/farmer-ne2581a-ionization-chamber/; 2021 [accessed 10 February 2021].
Moggré A, Wilder B. Total body irradiation protocol. Christchurch Hospital, Canterbury District Health Board, Christchurch, New Zealand Unpublished Internal Report.
CNMC. UNIDOS E Field-Class Electrometer/Dosimeter. http://www.teambest.com/CNMC_docs/radPhysics/electrometers/CNMC_T10010.pdf; 2019 [accessed 10 April 2019].
Duncan-Gelder P. TBIControl v1.0.0. https://github.com/Phillip-Duncan/TBIControl; 2020 [accessed 28 April 2020].
Joint Committee for Guides in Metrology. Evaluation of measurement data – guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement. Geneva: International Organization for Standardization; 2008. http://www.bipm.org/en/publications/guides/gum.html.
- American association of physicists in medicine radiation therapy committee task group 53: quality assurance for clinical radiotherapy treatment planning.Med Phys. 1998; 25: 1773-1829https://doi.org/10.1118/1.598373