- •DCT allows for precise characterization of tumor breathing motion.
- •Interfraction and intrafraction effects can be included in ITV definition.
- •ITV is less affected by amplitude variations than by baseline shift variations.
- •80% increase in motion range compared to that in 4DCT is caused by baseline shift.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy: The report of AAPM Task Group 101.Med Phys. 2010; 37: 4078-4101
- Frontiers in planning optimization for lung SBRT.Phys Med. 2017; 44: 163-170
- The management of respiratory motion in radiation oncology: Report of AAPM Task Group 76.Med Phys. 2006; 33: 3874-3900
- 4-dimensional computed tomography imaging and treatment planning.Semin Radiat Oncol. 2004; 14: 81-90
- Multiple “slow” CT scans for incorporating lung tumor mobility in radiotherapy planning.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2001; 51: 932-937
- Digital fluoroscopy to quantify lung tumor motion: potential for patient-specific planning target volumes.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2003; 57: 717-723
- Geometrical and dosimetrical uncertainties in hypofractionated radiotherapy of the lung: A review.Phys Med. 2017; : 36_126-139
- Planning 4-dimensional computed tomography (4DCT) cannot adequately represent daily intrafractional motion of abdominal tumors.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013; 85: 999-1005
- Both four-dimensional computed tomography and four-dimensional cone beam computed tomography under-predict lung target motion during radiotherapy.Radiother Oncol. 2019; 135: 65-73
- Interfraction and intrafraction changes in amplitude of breathing motion in stereotactic liver radiotherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 77: 918-925
Bisonnette J.P. et al, Quantifying interfraction and intrafraction tumor motion in lung stereotactic body radiotherapy using respiratory-correlated cone beam computed tomography. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75(3):688-95.
- The long- and short-term variability of breathing induced tumor motion in lung and liver over the course of a radiotherapy treatment.Radiother Oncol. 2018 Feb; 126: 339-346
- Evaluation of the intra- and interfractional tumor motion and variability by fiducial-based real-time tracking in liver stereotactic body radiation therapy.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2018; 19: 94-100
- Inter- and Intrafractional Variation in the 3-Dimensional Positions of Pancreatic Tumors Due to Respiration Under Real-Time Monitoring.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017; 98: 1204-1211
- Quantifying variability of intrafractional target motion in stereotactic body radiotherapy for lung cancers.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2013; 14: 140-152
- Evaluation of the motion of lung tumors during stereotactic body radiation therap (SBRT) with four-dimensional computed tomography (4DCT) using real-time tumor tracking radiotherapy system (RTRT).Phys Med. 2016; 32: 305-311
Wolthaus J. W. H. et al, Comparison of different strategies to use four-dimensional computed tomography in treatment planning for lung cancer patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70(4):1229-38.
George R, Vedam S. S., Chung T.D., Ramakrishnan V and Keall P. J. The application of the sinusoidal model to lung cancer patient respiratory motion. Med Phys 32 (9): 2850-61.
- Definition of internal target volumes based on planar X-ray fluoroscopic images for lung and hepatic stereotactic body radiation therapy. Comparison to inhale/exhale CT technique.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2020; 21: 56-64
- Finding the optimal statistical model to describe target motion during radiotherapy delivery-a Bayesian approach.Phys Med Biol. 2012 May 7; 57: 2743-2755
- Discrete-Time Signal Processing.2nd Ed. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ1999
- A method for incorporating organ motion due to breathing into 3D dose calculations.Med Phys. 1999; 26: 715-720
- The probability of correct target dosage: dose-population histograms for deriving treatment margins in radiotherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000; 47: 1121-1135
- Effectiveness of a simple and real-time baseline shift monitoring system during stereotactic body radiation therapy of lung tumors.Phys Med. 2017; 43: 100-106