- •A validation phantom underwent multi-dosimeter benchmarking.
- •An ultrasound-guided radiotherapy system was verified with the validation phantom.
- •Phantom measurements were acquired with deformable 3D dosimeters.
- •An improvement in delivery accuracy with the ultrasound-guidance was quantified.
- •The phantom shows potential as a tool for quantifying the impact of image guidance.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Proof of concept of MRI-guided tracked radiation delivery: tracking one-dimensional motion.Phys Med Biol. 2012; 57: 7863-7872
- Effects of motion on the total dose distribution.Semin Radiat Oncol. 2004; 14: 41-51
- On the dose to a moving target while employing different IMRT delivery mechanisms.Radiother Oncol. 2007; 83: 49-56
- Issues in respiratory motion compensation during external-beam radiotherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002; 52: 1389-1399
- Respiratory movement of the pancreas: an ultrasonic study.J Ultrasound Med. 1984; 3: 317-320
- Analysis of movement of intrathoracic neoplasms using ultrafast computerized tomography.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1990; 18: 671-677
- Ultrasound quantitation of respiratory organ motion in the upper abdomen.Br J Radiol. 1994; 67: 1096-1102
- Deep inspiration breath-hold technique for lung tumors: the potential value of target immobilization and reduced lung density in dose escalation.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1999; 45: 603-611
- Dosimetric evaluation of lung tumor immobilization using breath hold at deep inspiration.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2001; 50: 1091-1098
- Magnitude and influencing factors of respiration-induced liver motion during abdominal compression in patients with intrahepatic tumors.Radiat Oncol. 2017; 12: 9
- Comparison of the liver's respiratory motion in the supine and upright positions: concise communication.J Nucl Med. 1979; 20: 733-735
- Assessment of hepatic respiratory excursion.J Nucl Med. 1972; 13: 758-759
- Effects of intra-fraction motion on IMRT dose delivery: statistical analysis and simulation.Phys Med Biol. 2002; 47: 2203-2220
- An experimental investigation on intra-fractional organ motion effects in lung IMRT treatments.Phys Med Biol. 2003; 48: 1773-1784
- Magnitude, impact, and management of respiration-induced target motion in radiotherapy treatment: a comprehensive review.J Med Phys. 2017; 42: 101-115
- Dosimetric effect of respiratory motion on volumetric-modulated arc therapy-based lung SBRT treatment delivered by TrueBeam machine with flattening filter-free beam.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2013; 14: 4370
- Irradiation synchronized with respiration gate.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1989; 17: 853-857
- Potential benefits of eliminating planning target volume expansions for patient breathing in the treatment of liver tumors.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1997; 38: 613-617
- Organ motion and its management.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2001; 50: 265-278
- Dose-response relationship in local radiotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002; 54: 150-155
- Observation of a dose-control relationship for lung and liver tumors after stereotactic body radiation therapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 73: 112-118
- Simultaneous tumour dose escalation and liver sparing in Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) for liver tumours due to CTV-to-PTV margin reduction.Radiother Oncol. 2008; 87: 432-438
- Respiratory gating for liver tumors: use in dose escalation.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2003; 55: 659-668
- Feasibility of using ultrasound for real-time tracking during radiotherapy.Med Phys. 2005; 32: 1500-1512
- Speckle tracking in a phantom and feature-based tracking in liver in the presence of respiratory motion using 4D ultrasound.Phys Med Biol. 2010; 55: 3363
- Critical assessment of intramodality 3D ultrasound imaging for prostate IGRT compared to fiducial markers.Med Phys. 2013; 40071707
- Telerobotic system concept for real-time soft-tissue imaging during radiotherapy beam delivery.Med Phys. 2010; 37: 6357-6367
- Dosimetric consequences of misalignment and realignment in prostate 3DCRT using intramodality ultrasound image guidance.Med Phys. 2010; 37: 2787-2795
- Dosimetric evolution of the breast electron boost target using 3D ultrasound imaging.Radiother Oncol. 2010; 96: 185-191
- Force and Image Adaptive Strategies for Robotised Placement of 4D Ultrasound Probes.University of Luebeck, 2013
- Robotized 4D Ultrasound for cardiac Image- Guided Radiation Therapy.University of Luebeck. 2012;
- Ultrasound imaging in radiation therapy: from interfractional to intrafractional guidance.Cureus. 2015; 7 (e280-e)
- Intrafractional prostate motion management with the clarity autoscan system.Med Phys Int J. 2013; 1: 72-80
- Real-time Tumor Localization and Guidance for Radiotherapy Using US and MRI.University of Wisconsin Madison, National Institutes of Health2015
- Task Group 142 report: Quality assurance of medical acceleratorsa).Med Phys. 2009; 36: 4197-4212
- Quality assurance for image-guided radiation therapy utilizing CT-based technologies: a report of the AAPM TG-179.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 1946-1963
- The management of respiratory motion in radiation oncology report of AAPM Task Group 76.Med Phys. 2006; 33: 3874-3900
- Dosimetric validation of a magnetic resonance image gated radiotherapy system using a motion phantom and radiochromic film.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2017; 18: 163-169
- ELPHA: Dynamically deformable liver phantom for real-time motion-adaptive radiotherapy treatments.Med Phys. 2019; 46: 839-850
- MRIgRT head and neck anthropomorphic QA phantom: design, development, reproducibility, and feasibility study.Med Phys. 2020; 47: 604-613
- Real-time intrafraction motion monitoring in external beam radiotherapy.Phys Med Biol. 2019; 64: 15TR01
- The clinical implementation of respiratory-gated intensity-modulated radiotherapy.Med Dosim. 2006; 31: 152-162
- Geometric and dosimetric accuracy and imaging dose of the real-time tumour tracking system of a gimbal mounted linac.Phys Med. 2015; 31: 501-509
- Deformable abdominal phantom for the validation of real-time image guidance and deformable dose accumulation.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2019; 20: 122-133
- An improved abdominal phantom for intrafraction image guidance validation.Phys Med Biol. 2020; 65 (13nt02)
- A novel methodology for 3D deformable dosimetry.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 2203-2213
- On the need for comprehensive validation of deformable image registration, investigated with a novel 3-dimensional deformable dosimeter.Int J Rad Oncol Biol Phys. 2013; 87: 414-421
- A novel technique to enable experimental validation of deformable dose accumulation.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 765-776
Matrosic C, Holmes S, Bednarz B, Culberson W. Evaluation of a clinical dose accumulation algorithm using deformable gel dosimetry. The 10th International Conference on 3D and Advanced Dosimetry. Kunshan, China 2018.
- Study of Gafchromic® EBT film response over a large dose range.Phys Med Biol. 2010; 55: N281
- On the validity of 3D polymer gel dosimetry: I. Reproducibility study.Phys Med Biol. 2013; 58: 19
- AAPM's TG-51 protocol for clinical reference dosimetry of high-energy photon and electron beams.Med Phys. 1999; 26: 1847-1870
Venning A, Mundayadan Chandroth M, Chick B, Waller B, Morgan C. Investigation of lung-tumour peripheral doses using normoxic polymer gel & film dosimeters. 10th International Conference on 3D and Advanced Dosimetry. Kunshan, China 2018.
Rosen B. Advanced radiochromic film methodologies for quantitative dosimetry of small and nonstandard fields 2015.
- An ultrasound-based motion management system utilizing 2D/3D real-time tracking for use in radiotherapy.University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2018
- A block matching based approach with multiple simultaneous templates for the real-time 2D ultrasound tracking of liver vessels.Med Phys. 2017; 44: 5889-5900
- The influence of cooling rate on the accuracy of normoxic polymer gel dosimeters.Phys Med Biol. 2007; 52: 2719-2728
- Polymer gel dosimetry.Phys Med Biol. 2010; 55: R1-R63
- Uncertainty in 3D gel dosimetry.J Phys Conf Ser. 2015; 573012008
- An anthropomorphic abdominal phantom for deformable image registration accuracy validation in adaptive radiation therapy.Med Phys. 2017; 44: 2369-2378
- Radiochromic film dosimetry: past, present, and future.Physica Med. 2011; 27: 122-134