- •Patients treated for differentiated thyroid cancer with different activities.
- •Significant differences in the biokinetics.
- •Correlation between the time-integrated activity and the remnant uptake.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- The SNMMI practice guideline for therapy of thyroid disease with 131I 3.0.J Nucl Med. 2012; 53: 1633-1651
- Guidelines for radioiodine therapy of differentiated thyroid cancer.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2008; 35: 1941-1959
- Radioiodine treatment after surgery for differentiated thyroid cancer: a reasonable option.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017; 44: 918-925
- Management of Thyroid Cancer and Related Nodular Disease.Springer-Verlag, London2006
- To treat or not to treat: The role of adjuvant radioiodine therapy in thyroid cancer patients.J Oncol. 2012; 2012: 1-11
- Relation between effective radiation dose and outcome of radioiodine therapy for thyroid cancer.N Engl J Med. 1983; 309: 937-941
- Iodine-131 treatment of thyroid cancer: Absorbed dose calculated from posttherapy scans.J Nucl Med. 1986; 1207–1211
- Radiation dose assessment in radioiodine therapy. Dose-response relationships in differentiated thyroid carcinoma using quantitative scanning and PET.Radiother Oncol. 1993; 28: 16-26
- Radioiodine therapy for welldifferentiated thyroid cancer: A quantitative dosimetric evaluation for remnant thyroid ablation after surgery.J Nucl Med. 1994; 1944–1950
- Impact of 131I diagnostic activities on the biokinetics of thyroid remnants.J Nucl Med. 2004; 45: 619-625
- A dose-effect correlation for radioiodine ablation in differentiated thyroid cancer.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2010; 37: 270-275
- Whole-remnant and maximum-voxel SPECT/CT dosimetry in 131I-NaI treatments of differentiated thyroid cancer.Med Phys. 2016; 43: 5279-5287
- Dose-Response Relationship in Differentiated Thyroid Cancer Patients Undergoing Radioiodine Treatment Assessed by Means of 124I PET/CT.J Nucl Med. 2016; 57: 1027-1032
- 23: Quantitative SPECT for Patient-Specific 3-Dimensional Dosimetry in Internal Radionuclide Therapy.J Nucl Med. 2012; 53: 1310-1325
- Analysis of activity uptake, effective half-life and time-integrated activity for low- and high-risk papillary thyroid cancer patients treated with 1.11 GBq and 3.7 GBq of 131 I-NaI respectively.Phys Med. 2019; 65: 143-149
- Single uptake measurement for absorbed dose planning for radioiodine treatment of hyperthyroidism.Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2003; 18: 473-479
- Thyroid Stunning: Fact or Fiction?.Semin Nucl Med. 2011; 41: 105-112
- Radioiodine Uptake in Thyroid Remnants During Therapy After Tracer Dosimetry.J Nucl Med. 2000; 41: 1082-1085
- The So-Called Stunning of Thyroid.J Nucl Med. 2006; 47: 1406-1412
Sobin LH, GospodarowiczMK, Wittekind C. TNM classification of malignant tumors. Wiley-Blackwell. New York; 2009.
International Atomic Energy Agency. Release of patients after radionuclide therapy. Safety Report Series No. 63, IAEA. Vienna; 2009.
Rasband, W.S., ImageJ, U. S. National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA, https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/, 1997-2016.
- Optimized 124I PET dosimetry protocol for radioiodine therapy of differentiated thyroid cancer.J Nucl Med. 2008; 49: 1017-1023
- 124I PET/CT in Patients with Differentiated Thyroid Cancer: Clinical and Quantitative Image Analysis.Thyroid. 2016; 26: 441-448
R Core Team. R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria.URL http://www.R-project.org/. 2020.
- Iodine Biokinetics and Dosimetry in Radioiodine Therapy of Thyroid Cancer: Procedures and Results of a Prospective International Controlled Study of Ablation After rhTSH or Hormone Withdrawal.J Nucl Med. 2006; 47: 648-654
- Measuring the actual I-131 thyroid uptake curve with a collar detector system: a feasibility study.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017; 44: 935-940
- Down-regulation of the Sodium/Iodide Symporter Explains 131I-Induced Thyroid Stunning.Cancer Res. 2007; 67: 7512-7517
- Statistical and radiobiological analysis of the so-called thyroid stunning.EJNMMI Research. 2015; 5: 67
- Self-stunning in thyroid ablation: evidence from comparative studies of diagnostic 131I and 123I.Eur J Nucl Med. 2002; 29: 783-788
Kobe C, Eschner W, Wild M, et al. Radioiodine therapy of benign thyroid disorders: what are the effective thyroidal half-life and uptake of 131I? Nucl Med Commun 2010; 31:201-5.
- Prediction of thyroidal 131I effective half-life in patients with Graves' disease.Oncotarget. 2017; 8: 80934-80940