- •Effective dose was significantly higher for PVP performed under CT guidance.
- •Organ doses were significantly higher with CT-scan than with fixed C-arm, except for oesophagus.
- •From a dosimetry point of view, PVP should preferentially be performed with the fixed C-arm.
Abbreviations:AK (Air Kerma), CTDIvol (Volume CT dose index), DAP (Dose area product), DLP (Dose length product), E (Effective dose), PVP (Percutaneous vertebroplasty)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty or kyphoplasty.Radiol Clin North Am. 2010; 48: 641-649
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty: current status, new developments and old controversies.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2017; 40: 1815-1823
Buchbinder R, Johnston RV, Rischin KJ, Homik J, Jones CA, Golmohammadi K, et al. Percutaneous vertebroplasty for osteoporotic vertebral compression fracture. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018;4:CD006349.
- Interventional spine procedures under CT guidance: how to reduce patient radiation dose without compromising the successful outcome of the procedure?.Phys Med. 2017; 35: 88-96
- National dose reference levels in computed tomography-guided interventional procedures-a proposal.Eur Radiol. 2020; 30: 5690-5701
- Patient dose in interventional radiology: a multicentre study of the most frequent procedures in France.Eur Radiol. 2017; 27: 4281-4290
- Effective-dose estimation in interventional radiological procedures.Radiol Phys Technol. 2018; 11: 149-155
- Investigations of organ and effective doses of abdominal cone-beam computed tomography during transarterial chemoembolization using Monte Carlo simulation.BMC Med Imag. 2018; 18: 2
- Organ and effective dose reduction for region-of-interest (ROI) CBCT and fluoroscopy. Proc SPIE Int Soc.Opt Eng. 2017; 10132
Stamm G, Nagel HD. [CT-expo--a novel program for dose evaluation in CT]. Rofo. 2002;174:1570-6.
Tapiovaara M, Siiskonen T. PCXMC: A PC-based Monte Carlo program for calculating patient doses in medical x-ray examinations Second ed: STUK - Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority; 2008.
International Commission on Radiological Protection - The 2007 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 103 Ann ICRP. 2007;37: 1-332.
- Organ dose calculation in medical X Ray examinations by the program PCXMC.Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 1998; 80: 213-219
- Experimental evaluation of a radiation dose management system-integrated 3D skin dose map by comparison with XR-RV3 Gafchromic® films.Phys Med. 2019; 66: 77-87https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2019.09.234
- Clinical evaluation of a dose management system-integrated 3D skin dose map by comparison with radiochromic films.Eur Radiol. 2020; 30: 5071-5081https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-020-06877-8