- •Medical physicists should verify new dosimetry devices for the conditions during any physics tests.
- •The energy response of tested solid state dosimeters was excellent (25kVp-32kVp).
- •Tested solid state dosimeters are trustworthy for routine QA purposes (output-HVL).
Material and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
EC, COUNCIL DIRECTIVE 2013/59/EURATOM of 5 December 2013 laying down the basic safety standards for protection against the dangers arising from exposure to ionising radiation, and repealing Directive 89/618/Euratom, 90/641/Euratom, 96/29/Euratom, 97/43/Euratom and 2003/122/Euratom.
- Phys Med. 2018; 48: 162-168
- Diagnostic Radiology Physics.A Handbook for Teachers and Students. International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna2014
- Influence of anode/filter material and tube potential on contrast, signal-to-noise ratio and average absorbed dose in mammography: a Monte Carlo study.The British Journal of Radiology. 2000; 73: 1056-1067
- Towards standardization of x-ray beam filters in DM and DBT Monte Carlo simulations and analytical modelling.Phys. Med. Biol. 2017; 62: 1969
- Dual-energy contrast-enhanced digital subtraction mammography: feasibility.Radiology. 2003; 229 (Epub 2003 Jul 29): 261-268
- Generation and analysis of clinically relevant breast imaging x-ray spectra.Med Phys. 2017; 44: 2148-2160
- Monte Carlo calculation of conversion factors for the estimation of mean glandular breast dose.Phys Med Biol. 1990; 35: 1211-1220
- Additional factors for the estimation of mean glandular breast dose using the UK mammography dosimetry protocol.Phys Med Biol. 2000; 45: 3225-3240
- European protocol for the quality control of the physical and technical aspects of mammography screening.Part B: Digital mammography. Luxembourg: European Commission. 2006;
European Commission. European guidelines for quality assurance in breast cancer screening and diagnosis. Fourth edition supplement. Digital mammography update. Office for Official Publications of the European Communities. 2013. 138 p.
- On the measurement of half-value layer in film-screen mammography.Med Phys. 1990; 17: 989-997
- A parametric method for determining mammographic X-ray tube output and half value layer.Br J Radiol. 2001; 74: 335-340
Witzani J, Bjerke H, Bochud F, Csete I, Denoziere M, de Vries W et al. Calibration of dosemeters used in mammography with different X ray qualities: EUROMET project no. 526. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2004;108(1):33-45.
- The effect of spectra on calibration and measurement with mammographic ionization chambers.Med Phys. 2002; 29: 2649-2654
- Solid-state dosimeters: a new approach for mammography measurements.Med Phys. 2015; 42: 542-557
ISO/IEC 17025: General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories. 2005.
- IAEA-SSDL bilateral comparisons for diagnostic level air kerma measurement standards.Phys Med. 2018; 47: 9-15
- Performance of semiconductor dosimeters with a range of radiation qualities used for mammography: A calibration laboratory study.Med Phys. 2020; 47: 1372-1378
- Dosimeter measurements.Mendeley Data. 2019; https://doi.org/10.17632/fk8ym6k4vg.2
- Assessment of the mean glandular dose using LiF:Mg, Ti, LiF:Mg, Cu, P, Li2B4O7: Mn and Li2B4O7: Cu TL detectors in mammography radiation fields.Phys Med Biol. 2016; 61: 6384-6399
- Characterization of a low-cost PIN photodiode for dosimetry in diagnostic radiology.Phys Med. 2015; 31: 112-116
- The effect of a compression paddle on energy response, calibration and measurement with mammographic dosimeters using ionization chambers and solid-state detectors.Phys Med Biol. 2009; 54: 1047-1059