- •DRLs can help the imaging related to treatment planning in radiation oncology.
- •The intention is to propose RPRLs and compare these values with published data.
- •Results show variations in CT planning which call for optimization of procedures.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Estimating the demand for radiotherapy from the evidence: a review of changes from 2003 to 2012.Radiother Oncol. 2014; 112: 140-144https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2014.03.024
- IPEM topical report: the first UK survey of dose indices from radiotherapy treatment planning computed tomography scans for adult patients.Phys Med Biol. 2018; 63: 185008https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6560/aacc87
- Radiation dose differences between thoracic radiotherapy planning CT and thoracic diagnostic CT scans.Radiography. 2016; 22: 107-111
National Research Council. Health Risks from Exposure to Low Levels of Ionizing Radiation: BEIR VII Phase 2. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2006. https://doi.org/10.17226/11340.
- Cancer risks from diagnostic radiology.Br J Radiol. 2008; 81: 362-378https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr/01948454
- A review of dose calculation approaches with cone beam CT in photon and proton therapy.Phys Med. 2020; 76: 243-276https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2020.06.017
Law on Radiation Protection and Safety, Regulation on the Applications of Ionizing Radiation in medicine, Official gazette; May 9, 2018.
- Establishment of local diagnostic reference levels for typical radiography examinations in the west region of Croatia.Nucl Technol Rad Protection. 2019; 34: 102-106https://doi.org/10.2298/NTRP180831015S
- National survey to set diagnostic reference levels in nuclear medicine single photon emission imaging in Croatia.Phys Med. 2020; 78: 109-116https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2020.09.005
- Authors on behalf of ICRP. ICRP Publication 135: Diagnostic Reference Levels in Medical Imaging.Ann ICRP. 2017; 46: 1-144https://doi.org/10.1177/0146645317717209
European Commission. Radiation protection N° 162. Criteria for Acceptability of Medical Radiological Equipment used in Diagnostic Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and Radiotherapy; 2012.
Law on Radiation Protection and Safety, Regulation on the conditions and radiation protection measures for performing activities with ionizing radiation sources, Official gazette; June 8, 2018.
- An assessment of dose indicators for computed tomography localization procedures in radiation therapy at the University Hospital Rijeka.Nucl Technol Radiat Prot. 2018; 33: 301-306https://doi.org/10.2298/NTRP1803301D
- Size specific dose estimates (SSDE) in pediatric and adult body CT examinations (Task Group 204).American Association of Physicists in Medicine, College Park, MD2011
Brink J.A., Boone J.M., Feinstein K.A., Michalski J.M., Pizzutiello Jr R.J., Spelic D.C., White S.C., Yee J., 2012. Report No. 172 - Reference Levels and Achievable Doses in Medical and Dental Imaging: Recommendations for the United States. [online] Available at: http://www.ncrppublications.org/Reports/172.
- A national survey of computed tomography doses in hybrid PET-CT and SPECT-CT examinations in the UK.Nucl Med Commun. 2017; 38: 459-470https://doi.org/10.1097/MNM.0000000000000672
- Establishment of national diagnostic reference levels for breast cancer CT protocols in radiation therapy.Br J Radiol. 2016 Oct; 89: 20160428https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.20160428
- Establishment of national diagnostic reference levels (DRLs) for radiotherapy localisation computer tomography of the head and neck.Rep Practical Oncol Radiother. 2018; 23: 407-412
- Establishment of national diagnostic reference levels for radiotherapy computed tomography simulation procedures in Slovenia.Eur J Radiol. 2020; 127108979https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2020.108979
- Patient exposure levels in radiotherapy CT simulations in Finland.Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2015 Dec; 167: 602-607https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncu363
International Atomic Energy Agency Safety Standards, Radiation Protection and Safety of Radiation Sources: International Basic Safety Standards, SERIES No. GSR Part 3, Vienna, 2014.
- Performance evaluation of an 85-cm-bore X-ray computed tomography scanner designed for radiation oncology and comparison with current diagnostic CT scanners.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002; 52: 1123-1131https://doi.org/10.1016/s0360-3016(01)02779-1
- An international survey of imaging practices in radiotherapy.Phys Med. 2021; 90: 53-65https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2021.09.004
- Radiation dose monitoring in computed tomography: Status, options and limitations.Phys Med. 2020; 79: 1-15https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2020.08.020