- •The free-electrons-fraction is the fraction of the electrons generated that are collected without attachment.
- •The method proposed is based only from measure of charge collected varying the voltage applied.
- •The method proposed can be use in the commissioning phase of a dedicated to the Flash radiotherapy Linac.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Ultrahigh dose-rate FLASH irradiation increases the differential response between normal and tumor tissue in mice.Sci Transl Med. 2014; 6: 245ra93https://doi.org/10.1126/scitranslmed.3008973
- Long-term neurocognitive benefits of FLASH radiotherapy driven by reduced reactive oxygen species.PNAS. 2019; 116: 10943-10951https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1901777116
- The advantage of FLASH radiotherapy confirmed in mini-pig and cat-cancer patients.Clin Cancer Res. 2019; 25: 35-42https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-17-3375
- Clinical translation of FLASH radiotherapy: Why and how?.Radiother Oncol. 2019; 139: 11-17https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2019.04.008
- An integrated physico-chemical approach for explaining the differential impact of FLASH versus conventional dose rate irradiation on cancer and normal tissue responses.Radiother Oncol. 2019; 139: 23-27https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2019.03.028
FLASH radiotherapy: from preclinical promise to the first human treatment. Physics World 2019. https://physicsworld.com/a/flash-radiotherapy-from-preclinical-promise-to-the-first-human-treatment/ (accessed July 21, 2021).
- Faster and safer? FLASH ultra-high dose rate in radiotherapy.Br J Radiol. 2018; 91: 20170628https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.20170628
- Treatment of a first patient with FLASH-radiotherapy.Radiother Oncol. 2019; 139: 18-22https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2019.06.019
- Dosimetric and preparation procedures for irradiating biological models with pulsed electron beam at ultra-high dose-rate.Radiother Oncol. 2019; 139: 34-39https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2019.05.004
- The challenge of ionisation chamber dosimetry in ultra-short pulsed high dose-rate Very High Energy Electron beams.Sci Rep. 2020; 10: 9089https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-65819-y
- Challenges of dosimetry of ultra-short pulsed very high energy electron beams.Phys Med. 2017; 42: 327-331https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2017.04.029
- On the capabilities of conventional x-ray tubes to deliver ultra-high (FLASH) dose rates.Med Phys. 2019; 46: 5690-5695https://doi.org/10.1002/mp.13858
- Ion recombination correction for very high dose-per-pulse high-energy electron beams.Med Phys. 2005; 32: 2204-2210https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1940167
- Charge collection efficiency in ionization chambers exposed to electron beams with high dose per pulse.Phys Med Biol. 2006; 51: 6419-6436https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/51/24/009
EBOOK: The Dosimetry Of Ionizing Radiation Book PDF EPUB TUEBL MOBI n.d. https://pockettorch.net/get-ebook/file.php?id=sisSBQAAQBAJ&item=the-dosimetry-of-ionizing-radiation (accessed March 22, 2022).
- The effect of free-electron collection on the recombination correction to ionization measurements of pulsed radiation.Phys Med Biol. 1996; 41: 885-897https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/41/5/005
- FLASH radiotherapy with electrons: issues related to the production, monitoring, and dosimetric characterization of the beam.Front Phys. 2020; https://doi.org/10.3389/fphy.2020.570697
- A new solution for UHDP and UHDR (Flash) measurements: theory and conceptual design of ALLS chamber.Phys Med. 2022; 102: 9-18https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2022.08.010
Rodrguez FG, Gonzalez-Castao DM, Fernndez G, Pardo-Montero J, Schller A, Vanreusel V, et al. Chamber for Dosimetry in FLASH Radiotherapy n.d.:19.
- The European Joint research project UHDpulse – Metrology for advanced radiotherapy using particle beams with ultra-high pulse dose rates.Phys Med. 2020; 80: 134-150https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2020.09.020
- High dose-per-pulse electron beam dosimetry: Usability and dose-rate independence of EBT3 Gafchromic films.Med Phys. 2017; 44: 725-735https://doi.org/10.1002/mp.12066
Marinelli M, Felici G, Galante F, Gasparini A, Giuliano L, Heinrich S, et al. Design, realization, and characterization of a novel diamond detector prototype for FLASH radiotherapy dosimetry. Medical Physics n.d.;n/a. https://doi.org/10.1002/mp.15473.