- •Optimal complexity metric for predicting plan deliverability with our equipment.
- •Effective PSQA workload reduction using complexity metric.
- •Further PSQA workload reduction after optimization of the MLC modelling.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Guidance document on delivery, treatment planning, and clinical implementation of IMRT: Report of the IMRT subcommittee of the AAPM radiation therapy committee.Med Phys. 2003; 30: 2089-2115
- Survey of patient-specific quality assurance practice for IMRT and VMAT.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2021; 22: 155-164
- Tolerance limits and methodologies for IMRT measurement-based verification QA: Recommendations of AAPM Task Group No. 218.Med Phys. 2018; 45: e53-e83
- Plan quality assessment in clinical practice: results of the 2020 ESTRO survey on plan complexity and robustness.Radiother Oncol. 2022; 173: 254-261
- Complexity metrics for IMRT and VMAT plans: a review of current literature and applications.Br J Radiol. 2019; 92: 20190270https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.20190270
- Use of metrics to quantify IMRT and VMAT treatment plan complexity: a systematic review and perspectives.Phys Med. 2019; 64: 98-108
- Description and evaluation of a new volumetric-modulated arc therapy plan complexity metric.Med Dosim. 2021; 46: 188-194
- Plan complexity quantification of dual-layer multi-leaf collimator for volumetric modulated arc therapy with Halcyon linac.Phys Eng Sci Med. 2020; 43: 947-957https://doi.org/10.1007/s13246-020-00891-2
- Effect of treatment planning system parameters on beam modulation complexity for treatment plans with single-layer multi-leaf collimator and dual-layer stacked multi-leaf collimator.Br J Radiol. 2021; 94: 20201011https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.20201011
- Robotic MLC-based plans: a study of plan complexity.Med Phys. 2021; 48: 942-952https://doi.org/10.1002/mp.14667
Santos T, Ventura T, Mateus J, Capela M, Lopes M do C. On the complexity of helical tomotherapy treatment plans. J Appl Clin Med Phys 2020;21:107–18. https://doi.org/10.1002/acm2.12895.
- A mathematical framework for virtual IMRT QA using machine learning: Virtual IMRT QA.Med Phys. 2016; 43: 4323-4334https://doi.org/10.1118/1.4953835
- IMRT QA using machine learning: A multi-institutional validation.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2017; 18: 279-284https://doi.org/10.1002/acm2.12161
- A deep learning-based prediction model for gamma evaluation in patient-specific quality assurance.Med Phys. 2018; 45: 4055-4065
- Quality assurance-based optimization (QAO): Towards improving patient-specific quality assurance in volumetric modulated arc therapy plans using machine learning.Phys Med. 2021; 87: 136-143https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2021.03.017
- Improvement using planomics features on prediction and classification of patient-specific quality assurance using head and neck volumetric modulated arc therapy plan.Front Neurosci. 2021; 15744296https://doi.org/10.3389/fnins.2021.744296
- Implementation of volumetric-modulated arc therapy for locally advanced breast cancer patients: Dosimetric comparison with deliverability consideration of planning techniques and predictions of patient-specific QA results via supervised machine learning.Phys Med. 2022; 96: 18-31
- Predicting gamma evaluation results of patient-specific head and neck volumetric-modulated arc therapy quality assurance based on multileaf collimator patterns and fluence map features: a feasibility study.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2022; 23https://doi.org/10.1002/acm2.13622
- Examination of the properties of IMRT and VMAT beams and evaluation against pre-treatment quality assurance results.Phys Med Biol. 2015; 60: 2587-2601
- Modulation index for VMAT considering both mechanical and dose calculation uncertainties.Phys Med Biol. 2015; 60: 7101-7125https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/60/18/7101
- Development and evaluation of aperture-based complexity metrics using film and EPID measurements of static MLC openings: Development and evaluation of aperture-based complexity metrics.Med Phys. 2015; 42: 3911-3921https://doi.org/10.1118/1.4921733
- Strategies for quality assurance of intensity modulated radiation therapy.J Phys Conf Ser. 2015; 573: 012015
- Multi-centre audit of VMAT planning and pre-treatment verification.Radiother Oncol. 2017; 124: 302-310
- Multidimensional correlation among plan complexity, quality and deliverability parameters for volumetric-modulated arc therapy using canonical correlation analysis.J Radiat Res (Tokyo). 2018; 59: 207-215
- Correlation between gamma passing rate and complexity of IMRT plan due to MLC position errors.Phys Med. 2018; 47: 112-120https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2018.03.003
- OC-0612: dedicated VMAT complexity metrics reduce patient QA workload.Radiother Oncol. 2018; 127: S323https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8140(18)30922-8
- Edge area metric complexity scoring of volumetric modulated arc therapy plans.Phys Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2021; 17: 124-129https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phro.2021.02.002
- Noninferiority study of automated knowledge-based planning versus human-driven optimization across multiple disease sites.Int J Radiat Oncol. 2020; 106: 430-439
- Plan complexity and delivery accuracy of knowledge-based volumetric modulated arc therapy plans with single optimization for oropharyngeal cancer.Anticancer Res. 2021; 41: 2925-2931
- Verification of an optimizer algorithm by the beam delivery evaluation of intensity-modulated arc therapy plans.Radiol Oncol. 2021; 55: 508-515https://doi.org/10.2478/raon-2021-0046
Zheng J, Xia Y, Sun L. A comprehensive evaluation of the application of the Halcyon(2.0) IMRT technique in long-course radiotherapy for rectal cancer. Technol Cancer Res Treat 2022;21:153303382210745. https://doi.org/10.1177/15330338221074501.
- Dose deviations induced by respiratory motion for radiotherapy of lung tumors: Impact of CT reconstruction, plan complexity, and fraction size.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2020; 21: 68-79https://doi.org/10.1002/acm2.12847
- Reference dataset of users’ photon beam modeling parameters for the Eclipse, Pinnacle, and RayStation treatment planning systems.Med Phys. 2020; 47: 282-288https://doi.org/10.1002/mp.13892
- Sensitivity of IROC phantom performance to radiotherapy treatment planning system beam modeling parameters based on community-driven data.Med Phys. 2020; 47: 5250-5259https://doi.org/10.1002/mp.14396
- A novel procedure for determining the optimal MLC configuration parameters in treatment planning systems based on measurements with a Farmer chamber.Phys Med Biol. 2020; 65: 155006
- Impact of plan parameters on the dosimetric accuracy of volumetric modulated arc therapy: Plan parameters and VMAT dosimetric accuracy.Med Phys. 2013; 40: 071718
- Penalization of aperture complexity in inversely planned volumetric modulated arc therapy.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 7160-7170https://doi.org/10.1118/1.4762566
- A new metric for assessing IMRT modulation complexity and plan deliverability: new metric for assessing IMRT complexity and deliverability.Med Phys. 2010; 37: 505-515https://doi.org/10.1118/1.3276775
- Modulation indices for volumetric modulated arc therapy.Phys Med Biol. 2014; 59: 7315-7340https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/59/23/7315
- PO-0806: Optimisation and assessment of the MLC model in the Raystation treatment planning system.Radiother Oncol. 2016; 119: S380-S381
- Quantified VMAT plan complexity in relation to measurement-based quality assurance results.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2020; 21: 132-140https://doi.org/10.1002/acm2.13048
- What is plan quality in radiotherapy? The importance of evaluating dose metrics, complexity, and robustness of treatment plans.Radiother Oncol. 2020; 153: 26-33
- The tradeoff between treatment plan quality and required number of monitor units in intensity-modulated radiotherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol. 2007; 67: 1596-1605https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2006.11.034
- Comparison of simple and complex liver intensity modulated radiotherapy.Radiat Oncol. 2010; 5: 115https://doi.org/10.1186/1748-717X-5-115
- Predicting the likelihood of QA failure using treatment plan accuracy metrics.J Phys Conf Ser. 2014; 489012051https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/489/1/012051
- Stereotactic radiosurgical optimization for cranial indications.White paper. 2016;
- A study of minimum segment width parameter on VMAT plan quality, delivery accuracy, and efficiency for cervical cancer using Monaco TPS.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2018; 19: 609-615https://doi.org/10.1002/acm2.12422
- Determining efficient helical IMRT modulation factor from the MLC leaf-open time distribution on precision treatment planning system.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2019; 20: 64-74https://doi.org/10.1002/acm2.12581
- Segment-based dose optimization using a genetic algorithm.Phys Med Biol. 2003; 48: 2987-2998https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/48/18/303
- Combining segment generation with direct step-and-shoot optimization in intensity-modulated radiation therapy.Med Phys. 2008; 35: 3828-3838https://doi.org/10.1118/1.2964096