- •Anatomy matching based target localization is problematic due to organ deformation.
- •A new method is proposed to align the target with the prescription-isodose surface.
- •Detailed analyses were based on in-room CT images before and post IMRT treatments.
- •The method can improve localization accuracy and critical structure sparing greatly.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Image guidance in radiation therapy for better cure of cancer.Mol Oncol. 2020; 14: 1470-1491
- Image guided radiation therapy (IGRT) technologies for radiation therapy localization and delivery.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013; 87: 33-45
- Image-guided radiotherapy for prostate cancer.Transl Androl Urol. 2018; 7: 308-320https://doi.org/10.21037/tau.2017.12.37
- Adaptive radiation therapy for prostate cancer.in: Allen Li X. Adaptive Radiation Therapy. CRC Press, New York2011: 331-350
Ma C.-M, Physics and dosimetric principles of SRS and SBRT, Mathews J Cancer Sci. 4(2): 22, https://doi.org/10.30654/MJCS.10022.
- Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT) for prostate cancer comparing kV imaging of fiducial markers with cone beam computed tomography (CBCT).Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 80: 301-305
- In-room CT techniques for image-guided radiation therapy.Med Dosimetry. 2006; 31: 30-39
- Rectal dose variation during the course of image-guided radiation therapy of prostate cancer.Radiother Oncol. 2010; 95: 198-202
- Target localization for post-prostatectomy patients using CT and ultrasound image guidance.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2005; 6: 40-49
- Intrafractional prostate motion during external beam radiotherapy monitored by a real-time target localization system.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2015; 16: 51-60
- Comparison of transabdominal ultrasound and electromagnetic transponders for prostate localization.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2010; 11: 57-67
- Adaptive image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT) eliminates the risk of biochemical failure caused by the bias of rectal distension in prostate cancer treatment planning: clinical evidence.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 83: 947-952
- The transformation of radiation oncology using real-time magnetic resonance guidance: a review.Eur J Cancer. 2019; 122: 42-52
Hehakaya C, Van der Voort van Zyp J, Lagendijk J, et al, Problems and promises of introducing the magnetic resonance imaging linear accelerator into routine care: the case of prostate cancer, Front Oncol, 2020 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fonc.2020.01741.
- Prospects for daily online adaptive radiotherapy via Ethos for prostate cancer patients without nodal involvement using unedited CBCT auto-segmentation.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2021; 22: 82-93
- The probability of correct target dosage: Dose-population histograms for deriving treatment margins in radiotherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000; 47: 1121-1135
- Planning target margin calculations for prostate radiotherapy based on intrafraction and interfraction motion using four localization methods.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 70: 289-295
- Improved clinical outcomes with high-dose image guided radiotherapy compared with non-IGRT for the treatment of clinically localized prostate cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 84: 125-129
- Conformal arc radiotherapy for prostate cancer: increased biochemical failure in patients with distended rectum on the planning computed tomogram despite image guidance by implanted markers.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 74: 388-391
- Dosimetry and preliminary acute toxicity in the first 100 men treated for prostate cancer on a randomized hypofractionation dose escalation trial.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006; 64: 518-526
- Dosimetric evaluation of image-guided radiation therapy for prostate cancer.Med Dosim. 2021; 46: 117-126
- Quantification of dose uncertainties in cumulated dose estimation compared to planned dose in prostate IMRT.Radiother Oncol. 2016; 119: 129-136
- On cold spots in tumor subvolumes.Med Phys. 2002; 29: 1590-2158
- Comparing computed tomography localization with daily ultrasound during image-guided radiation therapy for the treatment of prostate cancer: a prospective evaluation.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2007; 8: 99-110
- Escalated-dose versus control-dose conformal radiotherapy for prostate cancer: long-term results from the MRC RT01 randomised controlled trial.Lancet Oncol. 2014; 15: 464-473
- Dose escalation for prostate adenocarcinoma: a long-term update on the outcomes of a phase3, Single Institution Randomized Clinical Trial.Int J Radiation Oncol Biol Phys. 2019; 104: 790-797
- Dose-escalated irradiation and overall survival in men with nonmetastatic prostate cancer.JAMA Oncol. 2015; 1: 897-906
- Analysis of intraprostatic failures in patients treated with hormonal therapy and radiotherapy: Implications for conformal therapy planning.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002; 53: 595-599
- Clinically significant prostate cancer local recurrence after radiation therapy occurs at the site of primary tumor: magnetic resonance imaging and step-section pathology evidence.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 69: 62-69
- Does local recurrence of prostate cancer after radiation therapy occur at the site of primary tumor? Results of a longitudinal MRI and MRSI study.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 82: e787-e793
- Delivered dose quantification in prostate radiotherapy using online 3D cine imaging and treatment log files on a combined 1.5T magnetic resonance imaging and linear accelerator system.Phys Imag Radiat Oncol. 2020; 15: 23-29
- Target relocalization accuracy and PTV margin verification using three-dimensional cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) in stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) of lung cancers.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2012; 13: 41-54
- Identification of patients with locally advancedpancreatic cancer benefitting from plan adaptation inMR-guided radiation therapy.Radiother Oncol. 2019; 132: 16-22
- A magnetic resonance imaging study of prostate deformation relative to implanted gold fiducial markers.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 67: 48-56
- Study of ExacTrac X-ray 6D IGRT setup uncertainty for marker-based prostate IMRT treatment.J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2012; 13: 3757
- Fiducial marker guided prostate radiotherapy: a review.Br J Radiol. 2016; 89: 20160296
Van de Water S., Valli L., Aluwini S., et al, Intrafraction prostate translations and rotations during hypofractionated robotic radiation surgery: dosimetric impact of correction strategies and margins. Int J Radiation Oncol Biol Phys, 2014; 88: 1154-1160.
- Intra-fraction prostate displacement in radiotherapy estimated from pre- and post-treatment imaging of patients with implanted fiducial markers.Radiother Oncol. 2010; 95: 191-197
- Day-to-day reproducibility of prostate intrafraction motion assessed by multiple kV and MV imaging of implanted markers during treatment.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 83: 400-407
- Gains from real-time tracking of prostate motion during external beam radiation therapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 75: 1613-1620