- •Our solution converts a commercial IBA high energy scanning beamline to allow for ocular proton therapy.
Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics
- Treatment of ocular tumors through a novel applicator on a conventional proton pencil beam scanning beamline.Sci Rep. 2022; 12: 4648
- Design and commissioning of the non-dedicated scanning proton beamline for ocular treatment at the synchrotron-based CNAO facility.Med Phys. 2019;
- Clinical commissioning of a pencil beam scanning treatment planning system for proton therapy.Int J Part Ther. 2016; 3: 51-60
- New technological concepts in proton therapy.in: Linz, U.), . Ion beam therapy fundamentals, technology, clinical applications. (Springer, 2012: 673-685
- Validation and practical implementation of seated position radiotherapy in a commercial TPS for proton therapy.Phys Med. 2020; 80: 175-185
- Dosimetric impact of tantalum markers used in the treatment of uveal melanoma with proton beam therapy.Phys Med Biol. 2007; 52: 3979-3990
- Evaluation of ceramic marker for the treatment of ocular melanoma with proton therapy.Biomed Phys Eng Express. 2017; 3027003
RaySearch Laboratories. RayStation 9B is Here! (2020). [Available from: https://www.raysearchlabs.com/siteassets/raystation-landing-page/raystation-news/raystation-9b/rs9b-news-flyer_final.pdf.
- Dosimetric evaluation of a commercial proton spot scanning Monte-Carlo dose algorithm: comparisons against measurements and simulations.Phys Med Biol. 2017; 62: 7659-7681
- Patient-specific QA of spot-scanning proton beams using radiochromic film.Int J Med Phys Clin Eng Radiat Oncol. 2017; 6: 111-123
- Dosimetric properties of a proton beamline dedicated to the treatment of ocular disease.Med Phys. 2014; 41011707
Kacperek, A. (2012). Ocular Proton Therapy Centers. In: Linz, U. (eds) Ion Beam Therapy. Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering, vol 320. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Characterization of the HollandPTC proton therapy beamline dedicated to uveal melanoma treatment and an interinstitutional comparison.Med Phys. 2021; 48: 4506-4522
- Beam characterisation studies of the 62 MeV proton therapy beamline at the Clatterbridge Cancer Centre.Phys Med. 2020; 77: 108-120
A. Gerard, M.L. Peyrichon, M. Vidal, C. Barnel, W. Sauerwein, A. Carnicer, G. Angellier, T.M. Mathis, K.K. Mishra, J. Thariat, J. Herault,. Ocular proton therapy, pencil beam scanning high energy proton therapy or stereotactic radiotherapy for uveal melanoma; an in silico study, Cancer/Radiothérapie,2022,ISSN 1278-3218,.
- Technical note: Impact of beam properties for uveal melanoma proton therapy-An in silico planning study.Med Phys. 2022; 49: 3481-3488
RayStation 9B user manual (RSL-D-RS-9B-USM-EN-2.0–2020–03–13.
- The depth-dependent radiation response of human melanoma cells exposed to 65 MeV protons.Br J Radiol. 1994; 67: 800-804
- Secondary neutron dose contribution from pencil beam scanning, scattered and spatially fractionated proton therapy.Phys Med Biol. 2021; 66
- Development and validation of a new set-up simulator dedicated to ocular proton therapy at CNAO.Phys Med. 2021; 82: 228-239